Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

MI FELIZ CUMPLEANOS - JUNE 27, 2016

They get to wear sunglasses!
What a great week this was!! I turned 20 this week, which is super crazy to me. I am finally out of my teens! This was definitely a memorable week… let me tell you all about it!

So on Tuesday we went to Merida to have a conference with President and Sister Garcia, because they are finishing their mission tomorrow! It was really great because on Monday night the whole zone went up to Merida to sleep and it gave us a chance to get to know everyone in our zone better! I talked to an Elder for about an hour and he told me about all of his trials and things in the mission and I just sat there listening and felt so much love for him. Afterwards he turned to me and said ¨you are the first zone leader that has ever listened to me… thank you¨. It was super humbling to hear that from him. I really have learned how the spirit guides me in all things I should do.  We then went to the conference on Tuesday and hearing the last words of President Garcia was crazy. He is such an amazing man and has taught me so much. Just a funny story from the conference. We were all about to sing a hymn in the conference and I don’t know how my companion and I missed the memo but he and I started singing super loud way before anyone and it was super hilarious.  But anyway, hugging President Garcia goodbye was super sad. He whispered in my ear some really kind words and he really has taught me so much. But today President Ruiz shows up so I am super excited to see what the mission has in store!

On Thursday we had to go all the way to Acanceh to do some baptismal interviews and divisions there! It was super awesome because the 2 people I baptized were 2 of the people that I taught in divisions about a month ago. I love doing baptismal interviews. I can seriously see right into the soul of these people and see how ready they are to be completely changed and move on from the past. The guy, Victor, who I interviewed asked me to baptize him, but I had to tell him I couldn’t because I am not in that area! But it was super shocking that he asked me in the first place. 


So last week I talked about how the sister missionaries can be a little more of a job to take care of. Well on Tuesday, one of the sisters from my zone, Hermana Fajardo, suddenly couldn’t feel her legs and couldn’t walk at all. She asked me to give her a blessing so I did, and the whole mission did a special fast for her, but she had to go home yesterday because her legs aren’t working at all. It is super sad seeing things like that happen. It sure does make me appreciate the health I have had my whole mission so far.



Okay so Saturday was my birthday. It was honestly the most memorable/special birthday of my life. The members really did help it become such a special day. Lets just say I have never eaten so much cake and so much food in my life. The whole entire day in every house it was more cake and more food. What I loved most about my birthday though was it was the most unselfish birthday of my life. I spent the whole day trying to make others feel so special, that in turn I just forgot about myself and found myself so happy. I got to the house at the end of the day just so happy. So happy to be in Mexico, so happy to be a missionary, and so happy to be a child of God. Let me tell a funny story though… the Mexicans won me on something. One family told me I needed to take a bite out of the corner of the cake, and as I did so they pushed my face into the cake! I totally fell for it!!! It was hilarious, my whole entire face was filled with cake and I was just laughing so hard. A memory I will definitely remember forever and ever. A picture below for ya.


So this Saturday we are going to baptize Sonia WOOHOO!!! I am super excited for her. She has gone to church 5 weeks in a row and is super ready. And we activated her whole family that got baptized like 30 years ago. Also yesterday was a super cool experience. Rudy received the priesthood, who we baptized 2 weeks ago and I went out on divisions with him. Basically to say it easier, he was my companion for like 2 hours! We went out and visited people and it was so awesome how happy and excited he was and he told me how much he loved visiting people with me! I have seen SUCH a huge change in him. Wow. The mission is just the best.

Let me just take a minute to testify to you how much God loves you. You are literally His child. Sometimes we take that idea for granted, that we are literally children of God. He loves us so much. Something I have learned here is a lot of people feel like they don’t deserve Gods love because they aren’t perfect, but something I have learned is that God doesn’t love us because we are perfect, He loves us because HE is perfect. He is full of love and literally is love. No matter what you are going through, He loves you so much and is waiting for you to take His hand. I love you all so much!

Elder Plowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment