Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Sunday, June 12, 2016

WE WENT TO ACANCEH - JUNE 6, 2016

Wow!! What a great week it was here in the mission field. I just think back to this week and how many times I thought about how much I love being a missionary! This week was super awesome. Let me tell you all about it!

So on Monday night we felt we needed to go all the way to Acanceh, a pueblo super far away from Ticul (like 3.5 hours). We had no idea why because logically it did not make sense at all! But we both felt it was a spiritual prompting and decided we needed to go. So we got there late Monday night and worked there all day Tuesday. Do you guys remember who Elder Smith is? My companion from the MTC forever ago? Well he is like one of my favorite people and he is in Acanceh so on Tuesday I had the chance to be his companion again and work with him! It made me so happy to be with him.
Elder Smith and Elder Plowman
And all day long I just saw all these small reasons of why the Lord had truly sent me there that day. But let me tell you guys the craziest story. About 2 weeks ago, Elder Smith called us asking for advice on what to do to help an investigator whose dad wouldn't let him get baptized.
Raul
I told Elder Smith to teach him the power of the fast and to fast so that his dad lets him get baptized. So this day in Acanceh, Elder Smith said we were going to go visit this same kid, Raul. When we show up he goes and tells us... i fasted and my dad said I can get baptized now! So I looked at Elder Smith and told him that because I am his Zone Leader I can give the baptismal interview on the spot! So I did, and it was the first interview I have given in my life and the spirit lead me so much and it is so amazing to look in the eyes of someone and just see how much they love God and have truly repented. Elder Bahr told me to take a picture with every person I interview in the mission, so attached is a picture with Raul. The Lord truly sent me there to do that interview because if i wasn't there at that moment Raul wouldn't have been able to get baptized this week for logistical reasons! Wow!

So on Friday we went to Merida for leadership conference, my first one in the mission! I learned so much. Attached is a picture of me standing up in the bus. Both on the way there and back, we had to stand up the whole 2 hours on a hot full bus.
I just realized in that moment that I would never suffer like this if it wasn't for something that is the truth! Also in this meeting we learned we can now wear sunglasses and like 50s style hats now... you better bet I will be rocking that as a missionary! Haha.

So we missed like 2.5 days of work in Ticul this week for all the traveling, but wow does the Lord take care of our area! We had 7 investigators in church this week and they are all progressing so well!! We should be having 2 or 3 baptisms this week to finish off Elder Bahrs last week as a missionary well :)

Naomi is super amazing. She is 18 and has had a rough past with her family and things. We have been teaching her and our thing as missionaries is to NEVER obligate someone to be baptized. We just teach them and help them feel the love of God and when they do, they truly will choose to be baptized. After teaching her on Saturday she goes, I am getting baptized! So this Saturday she might be baptized but we don't want to pressure her to much. She went to church though!!

Also Monica is the best friend of Naomi, who actually gave us the reference of Naomi. I think i have failed to say anything about Monica, which is super bad of me. She is super powerful and is getting baptized this Saturday! She literally sang in the church choir last week haha. And yesterday she got up and bore her testimony and just understands the doctrine perfectly and is super amazing. We found her through help of the other branch and she is so great!

Rudi. Rudi is honestly one of the favorite people i have ever had the chance to teach. He understands it so well and his dad died four years ago and when we explained the plan of salvation and how he can save his dad, he just cried and it was so strong. He has had a super rough past. But this Saturday he is going to get baptized too! I haven't even been here a month in Ticul and I have just seen so much of the Lords hand in everything. Wow.

Leidy and her family. They yelled us down 2 weeks ago to buy us some bread and since then they have become my favorite family. They all want to learn so much and treat us so nicely. Every time we go they give us dinner and she is just like a mom to me. She gave us cologne a couple days ago. This is the 4th time in 2 months someone has given me cologne, should i be worried??? Hahahaha, but they all went to church and it is just amazing the way the Lord is preparing His children!!

I just want you guys to know I gave my companion a haircut. I don't know how he trusted me because i didn't even trust myself but I think i did a pretty good job!

Also, I have failed to mention that Ticul is the center of shoes in all of Mexico. Literally everyone here makes shoes and people come from all around Mexico to buy the shoes here and on every corner there is a shoe store, or a Zapatería. So if you guys want shoes... come visit me.

So we now have to wear our green cards for migration under our shirts all the time which is suuuuuuper lame. The things I do to be obedient.

Tomorrow we are going to give a zone conference which should be super sweet! I love you guys and know the Lord also is working in your lives the way He works in mine!! I love you so much! 

 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for goodyea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Elder Plowman

No comments:

Post a Comment