| Leonel |
Something I have learned this week by the help of Elder Bahr is that the more righteous someone is, the more opposition they have to have, to be able to keep true to the fact that there is an exact opposition in all things. So Elder Bahr and I are reaching heights of righteousness and consecration that makes Satan mad and he is trying so hard to stop the work from growing, but it will NOT be stopped!
It started last Monday, when some people broke in to our church building and stole a bunch of stuff and completely flooded the building, like what is that about!? And the people here in Ticul are just super against the Mormons and the missionaries especially, so we have had to be super careful and just people are super rude to us. But as the spirit guides us we are just led to the people who are ready and it is the most beautiful thing. More stories to come on that later....
So not only is the opposition in Ticul rising, the opposition in the whole zone is rising too! Us as Zone Leaders, we have to take care of a couple things that happen, such as the following:
1. When 2 missionaries in an area call us and wake us up at 2am and say that they missed their bus to go back to their house so they didn't know what to do and decided to keep working and then once they got tired they didn't know what to do or where to sleep, so we had the pleasure of helping them out at 2am.
2. When the sister missionaries are riding back home Saturday night on a bus but one throws up and they decide to get off in the middle of nowhere. They call us and wake us up and we have to figure out what to do and how to help them make it back and especially be SAFE. This was a super stressful night though, cause our sister missionaries need to be safe and we worry more about them than the Elders. haha
3. 2 of our missionaries from Peto have been in the hospital a week because a missionary is super sick and might need to go home.
So those are just a few examples, but as zone leaders we have the chance to help them get through it! So many things happen on the mission I had no idea about before this.
So the spirit GUIDES me in all things :) One night we met a super old lady and we talked to her a bit and we forgot to ask her address and just kinda moved on about it. The next day we were looking for a reference when we both felt totally impressed to contact a house that wasn't even where the reference was. So turns out the same old lady, Elda, came out. My companion and I were in shock, I said to him, how in the world did we find her? The Lord led us.
Also the other day we were walking and I saw this guy with a hat on that said Utah and I was like, Elder... we have to contact him! Turns out this guys name is literally Utah and that is the funniest thing ever to me honestly. He is a drug addict and needs our help! The Lord led us to him!
So to add to the opposition, this was by far the hottest week of my life, I am not even kidding. I attached a picture of my clock that says it is 113 degrees. I literally am dying from this weather. Like just sitting in the shade teaching I am dripping in sweat and it is just getting out of hand.
Also since I got here 3 weeks ago, we have found 37 new investigators that are so ready. We also just this week gave out 18 Book of Mormons (or Books of Mormon?? who knows). That is definitely the most I have given out in a week here. We just love giving the books and getting them in the house of people and Satan just hates us giving books but we will keep giving them! I know the Book of Mormon is the truth!! The picture below is a kid named Leonel who is in love with us, he is 6 years old and a kid of an investigator family.
So I have failed to talk about an investigator named Rudy. He is the boyfriend of an ex missionary who got home 2 weeks ago. He is going to get baptized within the next 2 or 3 weeks! I haven't talked about him much because he is like the perfect situation and investigator haha, but he is great! We just wanna make sure he isn't doing it only for his girlfriend.
So also this picture here is with the family of the Branch President here, we decided to make them pancakes one night for all the help they give us! Rudy, the investigator, is also shown.
| Branch Presidents House - Pancakes! |
So even through all the opposition, the phrase Be Not Afraid, Only Believe has just made me so happy. Like it doesn't matter, there is nothing to be afraid of, Only Believe!!! I know this church is true and I love it so much! God loves all of you so much more than you can imagine!
Elder Plowman
11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.
| Pelepops! Ice Cream in a banana peel! |
No comments:
Post a Comment