Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

2 BAPTISMS - 1 CRAZY WEEK - JUNE 13, 2016

Rudy's Baptism
Okay wow. First off hello to all of you wonderful amazing children of God! I love you all! What a crazy week this has been. Where do I even start? I guess this week I will just speak in chronological order!

So on Tuesday, Elder Bahr and I have a zone conference for our zone which was super fun! I had a great time. I have loved being able to be a zone leader for this zone the last transfer. We gave about a 3.5 hour zone conference and the spirit was so strong and led us in everything we needed to teach our zone! Then after, we bought our zone cake and drinks and watched a short little Book of Mormon movie to relax a bit! It was awesome. And at the end we took a zone picture, as you can see below.
Ticul Zone Conference

So then on Tuesday we went with Naomi and challenged her for baptism this past week and she said yes but it depends if her dad tells her yes. So we decided to do a special fast for her and see how it would go, ya know?? So as we did, the Lord gave us the miracle we were searching and she received permission from her dad to be baptized! So it turned out she needed a special interview from President Garcia and he came all the way to Ticul to interview her, which was another miracle. He interviewed her and it was the saddest thing because she couldn't get baptized :( Obviously I wont go super into the details, but she just has a lot of trials in her life she cant seem to overcome, so she wont be able to get baptized for at least a year. But, she said she wants us to keep visiting her etc. It was honestly like a huge heartbreak for me. Wow. 

So then the heartbreak continued, when Rudy also needed an interview with President and he didn't show up to the interview. Another heartbreak. 2 of our investigators weren't gonna be able to get baptized anymore. So at the end of that day, Elder Bahr and I were just so heartbroken and decided we needed to look at the miracles the Lord had already given us instead of only the miracles we were looking for.

So on Friday, Elder Bahr and I decided to give a service project. Our church has a huge grass lawn, which is super lucky here, but it hadn't been mowed for about 6 weeks I would say, so it was just getting super long. We got there at 7am and left at noon from finishing it. It was the hardest thing I have done and I have never been so tired. I truly learned more the meaning of service.


The lawn mowers were push mowers, so it was seriously so hard to do on a huge lawn with how hot it was. I was praying so hard for the strength to finish and wow did the Lord help me finish. I just realized like before my mission when I served people, I always kinda wanted people to recognize me for it. But now, the true service is the service only the Lord sees. Recognition doesn't matter at all to me.

SO on Saturday, MONICA GOT BAPTIZED WOOHOO!!! It was awesome. She is just awesome. She has such a strong testimony and we went to her baptism Saturday morning. We invited Rudy and he went and when he saw her get baptized he goes... hey lets go to Merida. please let me go right now so I can get interviewed. I want to get baptized TODAY. So we went straight to Merida and it was great. We came back and he got baptized and it was so powerful.
He used to have every addiction you can think of and thought nothing of God and now he truly has changed his life. He is completely different and just knowing I am an instrument in the Lords hands to help him come unto Christ makes me feel so humble.

Then on Sunday, they both got confirmed and for Elder Bahrs last Sunday in the mission we decided to do something special. We both gave 15 minute talks in sacrament meeting, and in between our talks we literally gave a special musical number. We sang a duet in front of everyone half in Spanish and half in English of Come Thou Fount. It was so powerful. Literally the whole room was crying. I promise it was the power of the spirit that did that because my voice is not that good haha.

Then we went to the Navarrette family's house and celebrated both my birthday and the going away of Elder Bahr! So we celebrated my b-day a little early but we ate a huge cake and I loved it heheheh.
Familia Navarrette

Then we got our transfer calls last night!! Obviously with Elder Bahr going home I have a new companion now. I was expecting to have someone who was already a Zone Leader come in with me and be my ZL trainer still because usually it takes a long time to move past that. But they called me as Zone Leader 1!
It was super crazy honestly. I will be training a new zone leader now, Elder Martinez from Oaxaca Mexico! He has about 20 months in the mission which is super cool to be able to train him now and I am so excited to have the Ticul Zone missionaries to look after and help now! Woohoo! The mission is just so great and i know God loves all of you so much!!

Elder Plowman
My new companion Elder Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment