Hello everyone! This week was super great! Filled with a lot of success like always. Honestly, I feel like after about 18 months in the mission I really am running out of subject titles and new things to say in my emails, so if you get bored I am sorry! But I am going to see what new things I can share with you this week!!
Starting Tuesday morning, I woke up at like 5am and started throwing up. But for the 3rd time in the mission, the same thing has happened... I throw up in the morning and the rest of the day I am totally fine! So I guess I just need to be thankful that the Lord blesses me with so much health, to never miss a minute of time for being sick.
Anyway, something that my companion and I have really been trying to focus on is finding "The Chosen Ones". We don't want to waste our time teaching people that really don't want to change. So like last week we had 105 lessons it was super cool and all, but it is definitely just a one time thing. Because if we spend little time with a lot of people, it helps us to find new people to teach but really the point of it is to find the chosen ones. I have always had the idea that we have to talk to 100 people before we find 1 person that really wants to change their life. But if we don't talk to those 100, we will never find the 1. So this week was about praying for the people we had taught the week before and choosing who we needed to go back to. The Lord this week blessed us with so many people to teach, that truly want to change. Let me tell you about a few people:
Victoria: She was a reference that we were given a while back and we felt we should go contact her. The second we show up she lets us in and I literally only asked "how are you?" and she started crying and telling us all her problems. We taught a really good first lesson and we literally never introduced ourselves haha. I think that was the fastest I have ever taught someone knowing their problems. Her sister died 3 weeks ago, and we taught her The Restoration, The Plan of Salvation, and about the Book of Mormon this week. She just says that the word "Mormon" makes her feel weird. It is a culture thing.
Martha: She wants to change her life and just has problems with her husband and with money, so she works on Sundays but she accepted a baptismal date.
Hna Romero: She is a new investigator we found that lives in the poorest house in our area I think. It is just made of cardboard. In my 5 months here I have always wanted to contact her house and this week we finally did. She is a young mother that has cancer and wants to change.
Cielo Alto: Last night we found 7 new investigators in a part of our area called Cielo Alto. Every single one has so many problems. What I am trying to say is that this week the Lord blessed us with so many people to teach. We found 16 new investigators and have 9 investigators with a baptismal date. This is the best I have worked honestly and the most obedient I have been and I love it!
On Wednesday we had a world-wide missionary broadcast that was seriously super cool. We learned about going back to the basics and just focusing on Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts. They changed 2 things in a huge way. They are giving us more use of our free agency. Instead of telling us at what time we have to do each day, they are letting us plan each day and choose what to do. This week we are going to have a leadership meeting where we are going to decide with President Ruiz how we want to apply it to our mission. I am pretty sure we are going to wake up later and go to sleep earlier. It will be really cool honestly. They are trying to help us for when we go home. Being able to plan how to use our time instead of people telling us how to do it will help us to adjust when we go home. So now that I have less than 6 months left, it will be really cool to apply! Something cool too is that they changed when we have our daily planning session. Right now, we plan at 9pm when we go home, for 30 minutes. But honestly after a long day, it is always the last thing we want to do. So now, we get to plan in the morning and just go home, say a prayer, and go to bed. It will be cool to see how we apply it here in this mission. I am pretty sure they are going to let us stay out of the house till like 10pm, cool things like that!! Also they changed our "Key Indicators". Right now, we are using 9 goals, or numbers that we keep track of each week. But now we are only going to use 4, which is awesome. We are going back to the basics. A lot of missionaries would be too focused for example on their number of lessons each week but not realize that it really wont help them to baptize if they don't have people in the church. So the new numbers are Investigators Baptized, Investigators with Baptismal Date, New Investigators, and Investigators at Church. So now when we leave to work, we can talk with like 15 people and have a ton of lessons, but if we don't have baptismal dates, or they don't go to church, they will never get baptized!! So it is making things more direct and simple. I like it :) Sorry for that long explanation but I hope you understood it haha.
Also I want to say thank you to the Perkes family and also the Relief Society of the Frisco 9th ward for the packages :) i loved them so much! They just showed up, but at least they did. Getting a package is always the best thing ever. Thank you!!
On Sunday it was super funny because we had stake conference, and they were going to transmit it from the stake center to all the buildings, but the Internet didn't work... so we had to go to the stake center out of the blue and we showed up super late at the conference, and who knows if our investigators even went to church because we weren't there in our building!! But this week we are probably going to baptize Carlos. We have been teaching him a ton and he is progressing super well :) Anyways I just want to attach this scripture that explains that the Lord doesn't need to tell us all the things we need to do, we need to be smart and do things for our own will!!
Elder Plowman
26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all t hings; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise serva nt; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
27 Verily I say, men should b e anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of t heir own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto t hemselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.
29 But he that doeth not anyt hing until he is commanded, an d receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth i t with slothfulness, the same is damned.
No comments:
Post a Comment