Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WORKING SMARTER THAN EVER - JANUARY 23, 2017


The Zone
Howdy y´all!! What a pleasure it is to talk to you guys today!! 

On Tuesday we started out the week with our zone conference! We had a ton of success. It was super fun to give the zone conference with Elder Escobar and we learned a lot. I attached a picture of the zone after the zone conference on Tuesday! Something I have learned in the 9 zone conferences I have given is that every single time after the conference I am SO tired. It is so true that when we give it our all spiritually, our physical body gets super tired. I love feeling like I give it my all and feeling absolutely exhausted. 

Okay let me tell you guys about the best day on Wednesday. On Wednesday we started out the day going to San Pedro Chimay in divisions. Elder Escobar went with Pepe and I worked with Hno Quiroz. I think one of the coolest things ever is that Hno Quiroz and I literally ended up teaching the President of San Pedro Chimay. Basically he is the same old Mayan guy that lives in a Pueblo just that he is the leader of the pueblo. It was cool to teach him and think that if we can convert him to be baptized, maybe the whole pueblo will be baptized! Then in the afternoon we did divisions too with some young men. So to say the least we were in divisions from 11am to 9pm. Turned out to be double the work and success in one day, and the most lessons I have ever had in a day. I had 35 lessons in one day, practically 2 every hour for each companionship between Elder Escobar and I. It was the coolest thing EVER. Also at night we were contacting a lady and as we asked her when we could go back, her teenage son said from the back of the room "come back tomorrow at 8!" That literally never happens... when people commit themselves to a date and time. We usually have to commit them. It was super cool :) We then finished off the night and celebrated by eating some pastor! The super good taco meat here. 
One Divisions

So this week was just filled with talking with EVERYONE. What a joy it was. I think one of the funniest/saddest things ever was that we contacted an old lady that said her husband died 9 years ago. We talked about that and she proceeds to tell us that she never wants to see her husband again and it is good that he is dead because he was never good for her anyways. It made me laugh super hard but it also made me sad and I didn't know what to say... like usually we use that type of a situation to help everyone feel better but if they don't want to see their husband again, what are we supposed to say!?!? Haha. Also Carlos, the investigator that is going to be baptized in 2 weeks is seriously a GENIUS. I have never seen a kid learn so fast. Something really important about investigators to tell if they really are interested is that they ask questions. This week we were teaching him the Plan of Salvation and I am pretty sure he asked like 50 questions, 2 of which really stood out to me: "So if you say that we look like God, that means the Japanese and Chinese people look like God too!?! That is impossible! Also, one question, if I make it to the celestial kingdom, will I be able to eat cookies still? I really like cookies. Also, who do I have to ask for the cookies? Or can I just eat them with my own power??!" These are just the questions that make teaching super fun. Also we are teaching another little girl named Sirene that has a baptismal date for Feb 19th! She is the granddaughter of a recent convert and we already talked to her mom asking her permission to teach her and baptize her if she wants! Her mom is totally on board, just can't go because she has problems with her boyfriend. Anyways she is also super fun to teach and went to church too :)

We did a really fun activity on Saturday with the ward. We went to a colony in our area called Cielo Alto where a bunch of new people are starting to show up because they are just starting to build. We contacted house to house (old style missionary work) and we got help from the members to have 17 references we need to contact this week! It was super awesome! 
Activity in Cielo Alto

The adventures of helping the zone always continue. On Saturday we got a frantic phone call from the sisters in Maria Lusia (area) that someone robbed their house. We immediately had to go to their area and help them take all the stuff out of their house and move houses so that nothing bad would keep happening in that house! It is always a joy to help the missionaries though.

Also on Sunday we did a really fun activity as a stake/zone. We helped the stake leaders go to a ward called Itzaes where only like 10 people go each week and they need a lot of help. We went and searched for a ton of families and helped them know who they can go rescue! We went all the missionaries in the zone, and the picture is below, too!
Honestly, this week was insane. I think one of the most amazing feelings ever as a missionary is leaving the house at 11am, working as hard as I can all day long, and getting in the house at 9pm absolutely exhausted to the point where I can't do anything else but sleep. If i show up at the house at night and I'm not tired, I'm not doing it right. This past week I worked harder and smarter than I ever have in my whole mission. We were in divisions with the members every day and almost every hour and has 105 lessons in 1 week, 65 of which were with a member present. That is literally double of our goal in all aspects. We found 17 new investigators and have 2 progressing investigators. I don't say this to brag or make myself sound awesome, and the numbers don't mean anything to me, but what it does mean to me is that I am finding more people to help bring to God. Also, the coolest thing ever is seeing Pablo, my recent convert, bless the sacrament each week. :) I love this work and know the Jesus Christ suffered for our sins!
Not a truck....and not in Texas

Elder Plowman

No comments:

Post a Comment