 |
| Una Noche Blanca |
Wow, what a week. I think it is safe to say that this week was the best week of my mission. Yep, I said it, the best one yet. I don't even know where to start. Well on Tuesday we had the weekly zone meeting and we had some personalized shirts made with every ones names on the back and on the front we had little Mayan people with our names of each companionship personalized on the front. It was definitely the best 90 pesos I have ever spent, without a doubt. This zone was probably my favorite zone I have ever had so far in the mission.
 |
| Our sweet T-shirts for Zone Conference |
 |
| My Zone |
We then did divisions with Castilla Camara on Tuesday. The mission changed the way we do divisions so we are all 4 of us in the area of the leader (my area) to show them what it is like to have an ideal area. It is a good idea! It went well. Well remember how I told you guys that Wilbert had started to stop drinking?? This week we made a huge emphasis in going with him daily to prepare him for his baptism, and we also had to go with Gael daily to teach him all the lessons in 3-4 days.... so it was quite a week to say the least.
Starting on Wednesday I started to pack up my bags slowly but surely because after 6 months in Arboleda, I felt like my time to leave was coming. On Thursday we had interviews with Presdient Ruiz and in my interview he reassured me that I would be leaving my area this week. So I really wanted to make my last week in Arboleda memorable. I am happy to say I did so. But anyway, in my interview we talked about how I have 10 months as a zone leader and that he was going to give me an opportunity to have a different assignment. So I was pretty much convinced that he was going to put me to train, but lets just say the Lord has different plans than me...
On Thursday after the interviews, we figured out that Hermana Muñoz (the sister missionary in our ward) was going to go home on Friday for back problems, and Wilbert's baptism was set for Saturday and she really wanted to be there to see it. This was one of the coolest moments of my mission. We immediately went with Wilbert at like 6pm for his baptismal interview, asked him if he would be baptized that night, we told our ward and planned everything and at 8pm Wilbert was baptized. We surprised Hermana Muñoz and she cried because her last day in the mission was a baptism. I cried so hard when I saw Wilbert be baptized. He has been fighting for so long against alcohol and this week he finally could be baptized. I was teaching him 6 months in Arboleda and my last week there he was baptized. His testimony is so strong and he said "I thank all of you for helping me in this fight, because I know my case was not an easy one" He then told me personally he is thankful for me and that he is going to keep pressing forward with faith.
 |
| Wilbert's Baptism |
 |
| Hermano Quiroz with Wilbert |
Well as Sunday night approached I was just waiting for the transfers and I was pretty much convinced I wasn't going to be zone leader anymore. They call me and they said "okay Elder Plowman you are leaving your area. You are going to Calkiní, as zone leader 1". Honestly when I heard this I was super shocked and honestly a little sad at first. But i realized my sadness was just pridefulness. Why should I think that my plan is also what God wants? I realized that I have the opportunity to go back to Calkini, where I was 1 year ago exactly. Also I have the opportunity to help other missionaries and be a leader to them, and learn from them. Honestly as I showed up to Calkiní today in the bus, I started to cry when i saw the little pueblo again. I loved this place 1 year ago and I love it even more today and I know that I have the chance to apply everything I have learned in 1 year to make this area grow even more than i did 1 year ago. The missionaries that used to be in this area said "Calkiní needs you." This is the third time I am sent to this zone, the zone with the most little pueblos. I started in Coahuila, then Calkini 2, then Calkini. I used to have only half of this pueblo but now I have all of it so i have the chance to learn a ton still.
 |
| Back to Calkini |
I am with Elder Capulin from Puebla. I was in a trio with him in October for a week or so. He is a super great humble missionary and he has been Zone Leader 3 months now so he is super great. He has 21 months in the mission. Also, I feel proud of myself because I used to have to pack 2 suitcases and a duffle bag, but this time i only had to pack 2 suit cases... I am giving a lot of stuff to the members that I don't need anymore! My companion is getting to this area for the first time too so we have the opportunity to do something that is called a White Wash where we show up both at the same time. Lets just say the 2 of us with all our suitcases was super hard, especially since my companions suitcases don't have wheels because they broke haha.
 |
| Moto Taxi to new area with Elder Capulin |
Anyway, I am super excited for this chance I have to be here again. I love you all!
Elder Plowman
No comments:
Post a Comment