Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING - FEBRUARY 13, 2017

Hello everyone! This week was super great! Let me tell you all about it real quick. We started out on Tuesday with the zone conference. It was a super special one to give because President and Hermana Ruiz were there and also the assistants! Being able to have their comments was of huge help. Also it was super fun to be able to give the new daily schedule and talk about a lot of different things in the conference! We then had to go to to the offices to drop off our baptism record and I had the awesome blessing to receive a package from my mom. My mom is the best ever (pics below). I just want my mom to know that I will always be her valentine ❤😇


On Wednesday we had the awesome blessing to have a multi zone conference with the 110 missionaries that are here in Yucatan. It is called 8 Principles and we have this meeting about every 3-4 months to be able to remind us and learn more about the basic principles of the mission that help a person reach the goal of baptism. I have had this meeting i think 6 times now but it is always a great learning experience. I had an experience coming back from the meeting on the bus. A girl sat by me and I didn't realize it for a few minutes and I had the desires to talk to her about the gospel but sometimes, even being out here for 18 months, we make excuses to not talk to the people (yes i am not perfect!!!). I made the excuse in my mind that she had already sat down and since I didn't talk right away, i lost the chance. But I kept feeling the spirit tell me to talk to her so finally I did, and it turned into a 30 minute lesson and her telling me that a few years ago she used to talk to the missionaries and almost got baptized but didn't, and ever since has felt regret and wants to get baptized. She said that meeting me on the bus was something she never could have imagined and asked me to share with her a scripture to help her know that God planned for it to happen. She lives in a different area and I sent the reference to the missionaries over there, but it is amazing how much I keep learning in the mission. I must always follow the spirit!!

This week we had some special opportunities to help some missionaries that were struggling with some things. We had a good talk with 2 missionaries about how to fix their companionship and then the next day we had to go show up at some other missionaries house out of the blue and help them a lot. It has been super humbling to help so many people and I love being able to have this opportunity always. 

Well this week I realized something. In my mission I have been in the Merida Stake about 9 months in total. 3 months in Kukulcan and about 6 months in Arboleda. I realized that I have been able to help this stake so much. We have weekly meetings with a member of the stake council and monthly meetings with the stake president. Through these meetings we have been able to help the whole stake. When I got here, almost none of the wards had Ward Mission Leaders, etc. But now after much planning, every single one has a ward mission leader. This week we spent a lot of time preparing a Stake Missionary Training meeting that we gave yesterday. I titled my email this week "Preparation is Everything" because that is what I have learned. When we prepare, everything will go well. Preparing is the most secure thing we can ever do in life!! Like the Eagle Scout in me would say... Be Prepared!! haha. We gave the training meeting yesterday to the all the stake leaders with the stake president and the mission president and my companion and I gave a presentation too. Afterwords, a lot of people thanked us for it and really what I realized is I have not only been able to help Arboleda, but also the whole stake! And speaking of preparation... the bishop asked me to give a talk yesterday and honestly i was super thrilled because I was so used to giving a talk all the time the first year of my mission but since I got to this area, i hadn't given a talk in forever!! I love giving a talk because honestly i learn so much too through the preparation that I give to it. I learned so much about what motivates people to ACT. It is probably my favorite talk i have ever given, but you'll have to wait to hear it from me when i go home :)

So this week is the last week of transfers and honestly i highly doubt that i will be here next week!! I have been here about 6 months and honestly as much as I love it here, I would really love to get to know another part of the mission! I also have been zone leader a super long time now so I guess we will have to see if the Lord has something else in store for me! Also I want to tell you guys 2 miracles... remember Wilberth?? The guy I used to always talk about that had an addiction?? Well... he is totally getting over it and we are praying so hard that he gets baptized this Saturday!! Also, this week a miracle happened. An old grandpa showed up at church and said that he has an 11 year old grandson named Gael that hasn't been baptized yet. So we talk to him and ask if he wants to get baptized this week and he said yes! We will have to give him all the lessons in like 4 days but we are going to see if we can pull off the miracle :) He already has gone to church enough so we will see! But I love you guys so much. I saw this scripture that I loved: Romans 8:18 

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

This is so true. I have suffered a lot in this mission, but suffering makes it all worth it because through Jesus Christ we can overcome anything. I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Plowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment