Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Monday, June 26, 2017

TEMPLE TRIP WITH ANDRES - JUNE 19, 2017



Andres Temple Trip
Hello everyone!!! What a great week this was and time is flying here in Calkini! On Tuesday we had to go to Campeche for a multi-zone conference and it was a great opportunity to learn! We talked a ton about our teachings with the Book of Mormon and how we can keep using it as the best instrument we have together with the Spirit. We took advantage and did divisions with the zone leaders in Campeche and had a good time. Sometimes it is nice to do divisions in another area but it always makes me miss Calkini more hahaha. I read a 17 page talk this week called "The Donaldson Papers" and it talks about everything there is with missionary work and when I read it I learned so much and was so bummed that I didn't read that talk at the beginning of my mission because I thought of so many things that I could have done better in my whole mission! But something that I really love is that I can keep learning more every single day. This week I learned a better way to teach The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I love it! I could be prideful and think that I have been here long enough and don't need to keep learning but I truly keep learning every single day!
Campeche Sunset


rain anyone?


My companion and I are working super hard here in CalkinI! I am trying my best to always give my companion the best example possible and just work him as hard as he can. Sometimes I realize that I am super tired or exhausted when we are outside working but I can't show it.  But one day this week we had 5 new investigators in one day and it was super awesome. I love how sometimes the people find us, we don't find them. We must always talk with everyone that doesn't want anything to do with us for the miracle to happen. Then suddenly someone walks right by us that finally does want something to do with us! I love it! Something funny happened this week because we were contacting a new investigator named Orely and I asked her if she has kids, because i saw like 7 kids in the back of the house but I also doubted that all 7 could be hers, and she says she is 13 years old... it was super embarrassing! I learned to always ask someones age before asking if they have kids. But it was something to have a good laugh about hahaha. Also the other day we had an appointment with a new investigator named Morgan and we were running late and got there like 20 minutes late and when we got there he was talking with missionaries from another church... it was kinda the most sad and awkward thing ever, but we will go again this week and steal the investigator from the other church... heheh.

birthday lunch with my district


The other day we were singing a hymn while starting a lesson with Grecia, a little 9 year old that went to church this week (woohoo!!!), and while singing I said "amamos su pereza" instead of "amamos su pureza" which changes everything hahah i said "we love his laziness" instead of "we love his pureness" in the middle of singing I realized it and I laughed so hard hahahahah. Sometimes as a missionary we just have to find things to laugh about. But Saturday was super amazing because we had the chance to go to the temple with Andres and some people from the branch. Being able to do temple work with a convert and also I brought a name from one of my ancestors was awesome!!! Andres is progressing amazingly. In only 3 months being a member he has already given a talk in church, gone to the temple, and blesses the sacrament. I love seeing people truly apply the gospel in their lives!! Yesterday we had 2 investigators at church and we went with Sauli, the 9 year old that went to church, to be able to walk with her to church and it was the 4th week in a row and the first three weeks she was always asleep still. But this week she was awake and goes "it worked!!! what you guys told me worked!!! i asked God to wake me up, and He did!! I have been awake since 6am waiting to go to church!!" Also her mom is a less active member and we finally are starting to see her open up a little more, and i love it! Woohoo! We gave talks in church and I always like talking in church and I love this branch more than any area i have been in in the mission. 

This Saturday we should have a baptism of a little 8 year old girl woohoo! Her name is Naomi. We have been working with her family to make this baptism happen and it should be great. Life is great here in Calkini! I hope you know that God loves you! Smile a little more today! Be happy!

Elder Plowman

No comments:

Post a Comment