Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Thursday, June 8, 2017

ANGEL AND YESSICA GOT BAPTIZED - JUNE 5, 2017

Angel and Yessica get baptized
Hello there everyone!! What a week it was! On Tuesday we had to go to Campeche for our Zone Conference and we talked about how to become a "Celestial Missionary" and a Valiant Missionary. It was great! Whenever we were coming back home from Campeche, I had a moment that made me super proud :) We were in the van, and my companion started to contact the guy next to him, and taught him basically the whole Restoration lesson that we give! It made me proud to be his father, as we would say here! It was one of those moments where I could see that he was growing and is truly learning from everything I am trying to teach him. 
Campeche


Anyway, this week was what I would like to call "the week of moving." The whole entire week, we were completely busy talking with landlords and changing houses. About 1 month ago something happened in our old house here in Calkini that made the security of our house not too safe, and whenever I was talking to my mom on Skype 3 weeks ago, I told her the story thinking they were going to take me out of Calkini. BUT because I am still here in Calkini, I decided the safe thing to do would be change houses. And that is what we did! But wow am I so sick and tired of moving things and having to talk to people about houses haha. It was hard because we lost a lot of time this week while moving houses. On Thursday we had to pack up the whole house and we had plans with a member that was going to help us with her truck to move the stuff and we first were going to have to go to Hecelchakan to get all the stuff from the missionaries old house (because they closed that area) and then our own stuff. It was the first of June so we had to get out of the house that day. Well, my patience was tested. At 4:00 pm we went to her house and she called and said she wasn't going to get back till 7. Okay, so at 7 we called and called and called and she never answered and never told us she wasn't going to be able to help us. It was the MOST frustrating thing ever hahaha. If you guys know me, you know I am not too great at waiting on others, but I truly have worked on it in my mission. But wow I was super mad and had to ask God for help and love for her hahaha. But the thing that made me most sad is that my companion and I just wanted to work, but we couldn't that day just by not having a good plan. But on Friday we went and it was the most tiring day ever. 5 hours of moving 2 houses of things to another house. Lets just say I do not want to move again!!! But the good news is that we have a really nice big new house now :) Not sure it was worth it all though, but the good news is that we are safe now.
Moving day (inside the HOT van)

Where are the movers?

So this week we were preparing for Angel and Yessica´s baptism!! On Saturday morning we get a call from their mom "Elders, it is raining today so I think we will need to postpone the baptism to next week." Okay something that you guys need to understand about the Yucatan peninsula. When there is a TINY BIT of rain, everyone freaks out and never leaves the house because they think they are going to get sick. With every single baptism in my mission there is always so much opposition, always. Satan doesn't want us to baptize and tries to get in to the hearts of the people. So we went to their house to try to let the Spirit convince them. We talked about faith, and how we need to have faith so that God can make a miracle happen. She was really insisting on not baptizing that day, but we finally said the right words to let her heart realize that she needed to have faith and that it would all work out :) So at about 5pm, the rain totally stopped!! So the baptism was a success!!! A ton of people came and I had the chance to baptize Yessica, and my companion baptized Angel. It was so great. At the end, their mom said the prayer and she said "thanks to the missionaries who truly motivated me to have faith and be here today." And then afterwords she thanked us and said that whenever we talk, our words are so powerful and that we have changed her life. Honestly, the best thing in the world is being able to see how people apply this gospel to their lives. I know that this is not my work, and that the Lord makes miracles happen whenever we have FAITH in HIM.
Baptism of Yessica and Angel

Yessica

MI DOS HIJITOS

On Sunday I loved being able to see 10 of the 11 converts that I have here in Calkini go to church. We truly baptize so that they can keep going to church, not just so they stop going and never go back. I also saw Andres and José receive the priesthood which was so great. :) I love this work and also i love that I know that I am a child of God, and you are too! I hope you have a great week!

Elder Plowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment