Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Saturday, December 31, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS - DECEMBER 26, 2016

Hello there everyone!! i want to wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! What an amazing memorable Christmas it was. I cant believe I already have been here for my two Christmases! It is such a bittersweet thing... knowing that next year i will be with my family but it also hit me that next year I wont be in the mission on Christmas which is like the saddest thing ever. But I think it is a good problem to have. Anyway, let me tell you how my week went :)

On Tuesday I started out the week in divisions in an area called Castilla Camara with an Elder called Elder Terrones. It went great and it was awesome because a member there gave me a new tie as a Christmas present that I just met :) But anyways on Wednesday we went to the pueblo San Pedro Chimay to do a fun service Christmas activity with the ward. It was so fun. We went and set up this little dance party for some kids and I think all the kids in the pueblo went because it was absolutely filled with kids and whenever the ward started to give them little gifts the kids freaked out and it was so cute to see how much one small little gift can mean to the kids in a pueblo where there is almost no money. I think the best part about being in the mission on Christmas is forgetting about all the gifts and losing myself in the service of others... that is definitely the best thing. 

On Wednesday night I came up with an idea of something that we could do with some missionaries for a talent show in the mission on Friday. So if any of you guys know the Pentatonix and have seen the video White Winter Hymnal there is some crazy choreography that we did. Elder Ojeda, Elder Terrones, Elder Amaya, Elder Negrete and I stayed up like all night Wednesday night planning it and learning the choreography. It was honestly super fun and one of those moments where you just have so much fun. haha It was funny being the only American and just how much I have learned the Mexican jokes already. On Friday we then went to the mission Christmas party and it was SO fun to be with all the missionaries. We presented a hymn medley as a zone and also we did piƱatas and ate and had really spiritual parts too. I also sang Mary Did You Know by Pentatonix with all Americans. Elder Smith, Elder Sheppert, Elder Johnson, Elder Nystevold, and I. It was so fun. I think something I have learned about myself in the mission is that everything is more fun when I participate and get into it all. We then went to an activity at night we planned with the missionaries and the ward to go singing at a little fair and there were a ton of people and it was super awesome honestly :) I love singing the Christmas hymns and using that as a way to help people feel the spirit. We were 10 missionaries that were there so after we went and ate dinner together at a place called La Parilla and it was super fun :)


So here during Christmas, Christmas Eve is a way more important day than the 25th. So we ate so much and the members treated us so well here. They gave us all the food in the world. Something sad about here though is that most of the people view Christmas as a time to go drink with friends, instead of really celebrating it for the right reasons. But on the 25th we went to church and went with a lot of members who invited us to eat and gave us small presents :) Then the best part of it all was talking with my family on the 25th. I love them so much and I can't believe I have already had 3 Skye calls and only have 1 more left! It really is the best seeing them. I am so grateful for my amazing family and if I feel that happy just talking to them, i cant imagine how it will be when i see them again.


So I just want to share my testimony that God lives and that Jesus Christ truly was born, and that thanks to Him we can overcome whatever weakness, and that a bad man can become good, and a good man can become better. I love you all and I love this gospel!

Elder Plowman 

1 comment: