 |
| El Centro de Merida |
 |
| Church in downtown Merida |
Hello everyone! What a crazy week this was! I can definitely say it was a super different week and it was filled with crazy experiences and a lot of stressful things that helped me learn. But to start off I want to tell you about the first miracle of the week. On Monday night we realized that we had to go pay the electricity bill because they were going to cut the lights the next day so at like 7:30pm we went to go pay the lights and left our area and were in a place where we had never been before. We then were figuring out how to get to the bus stop and we decided to go a different way than we had ever gone before. We then happened to run into Pablo, the guy I baptized 2 weeks ago :) Not only did we see him there, but we saw him there with his girlfriend! They were just talking, but it was such a miracle because we always told Pablo to tell his girlfriend about us but he said it always made him nervous. So we told her about the church and gave her a Book of Mormon and what success was it because Pablo then told us later that week that his girlfriend is asking about us and wants to learn more. She doesn't live in our area but what a miracle it was to know that the Spirit guides us :)
On Tuesday we wanted to do something fun for our zone to be able to get to know them better so we played the funny Oreo forehead game where you have to put in on your forehead and eat it without touching it. I have learned, that as missionaries, the smallest things make us have the best of times together. I'm really looking forward to helping out my new zone. It is funny because I am the only missionary that is still in the Merida zone from 3 months ago!
So on Tuesday we were walking down a street and for like a week i was always thinking that we needed to go visit a house where I saw some missionaries from a different church talk a couple weeks ago and I felt like we needed to go there. So this Tuesday we finally went and they were outside blowing balloons and we helped them. Next thing you know that craziest thing happened. We were basically teaching 3 lessons at one time. We were with Pepe, the member that likes to work with us, and all three of us were talking to someone different. It was honestly one of the strongest spiritual experiences I have had in a long time. All 3 of them accepted but we felt it was necessary to talk to them different because they all have different needs. They told us they really want to learn more about the church.
Also on Wednesday we were with Pepe again and one of my favorite things in the mission is when the spirit guides us and we don't follow our plans at all. We literally spent 4 hours on 1 street finding new people. Our goal is to find more and more people so that we have more people to teach!
So to explain my subject title, the way Jesus Christ established his church in the bible is a Prophet, 12 apostles, and something that is called the quorum of the 70 to travel the world and help the church in the world. This week we were preparing the mission for the visit of Elder Pieper of the Seventy, who also happens to be the president of the area Mexico. It was super cool. But I got the assignment to be in charge of the choir of 10 missionaries. So I spent so much time this week writing music, planning, and finding time to practice with the missionaries. I don't know how they found out that i have a secret talent with music but it was super fun actually. On Wednesday and Friday we had rehearsals and I had to teach the 4 part harmony to the missionaries and make everything sound good. I was super nervous haha but i felt great about it. Also it was funny to be the director and conduct it all. The Lord truly likes to use the talents of His Children :)
 |
| San Pedro Chimay Service Day |
 |
| Bishop and First Counselor |
 |
| My fellow missionaries at our Service Day |
On Thursday it was the church world wide day of service! It was super fun! We went to the pueblo San Pedro Chimay with the ward and gave service to the pueblo. Girls were painting nails and cutting hair while all the guys were cleaning up a soccer field that was super ugly and dirty.
 |
| Elder Negrete and I at Service Day |
 |
| Pablo |
Pablo went and told me that he loved serving and had a fun time. The best thing ever is seeing Pablo participate and love the church :) He also received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday which was a huge accomplishment. He asked me to give him the Priesthood which was super cool. He is progressing super well :)
So this week on Saturday Elder Pieper had a meeting with us! It was super stressful planning it all and making sure all of our zone was there on time. We had to wake up super super early and get to the church building at 6:30 am. We were there in a meeting with him from 7am-2pm and it was super inspiring! I had the chance to share for a few minutes in front of him and the mission what is going on in our zone. We also had the choir singing Juventud de Israel, in other words Hope of Israel in English. The spirit was super strong. We then had a leadership meeting with him till 5pm which was super awesome! We learned so much from him and he is truly a servant of God. We then went to the baptism of Julisa, a girl in our zone. We helped her on her path to baptism so it was so awesome to be there. She is 16 and a super powerful person. I love seeing people enter into the waters of baptism so much!
 |
| Baptism of Julisa |
This week went really well with Elder Negrete. It is his first time being an official leader and he is really humble and willing to learn how to be a better leader. Tomorrow we are going to give a zone conference, and I just realized it is my 8th one I am going to give. Time flies... I just want to share with all of you that Jesus Christ loves you. I also know that through Him we can be saved. We must truly take upon ourselves his name which means being like Him. I love you all. Have a great week!
 |
| Burned Chapel in Merida next to Temple |
 |
| Inside burned chapel |
 |
| A little Christmas decor from my momma sita |
 |
| El Centro de Merida |
 |
| Elder Negrete and I in El Centro |
Elder Plowman
No comments:
Post a Comment