Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Monday, July 25, 2016

DOG BITE - JULY 18,, 2016

Hello everyone!!! How are you? This week was a great week here in the Mexico Merida Mission! I love it here and it was a crazy week that I hardly spent here in my area Ticul. Let me tell you all about the things I learned and how much I loved this week!

So right after I got off from writing last week we had to go straight to Merida for a 2 day training called 8 Fundamental Principles. Basically, as the title says, there are 8 principles we apply as missionaries for example Finding Revelation Through The Book of Mormon, Church attendance, prayer, etc etc. Each principle is really important to us here as missionaries so we did 4 principles each day. Each principle we have a teaching and then 1.5 hours of practicing applying the principle in mock lessons. It was super great to see where I am as a missionary and what I can apply better. I had the opportunity to prepare the practices to teach people, not lessons. So for 1.5 hours I got to lead the meeting with about 70 missionaries and it was super cool. I love being able to serve more people! Also let me just add in that Ticul Zone is the highest baptizing zone in the mission :)

On Tuesday I had the chance to work in Merida with Elder Escobar for a couple hours! He was my companion a couple months ago in Calkini and it was super great to catch up with him and work with him. Also let me just say that the new mission president changed the rule about Dr. Pepper and I drank my first chug of Dr. Pepper for the first time in almost 1 year. I decided I am gonna wait another year for the next one.... in my house :) It just doesn't taste the same here, and they hardly sell it here! But it sure was delicious haha.

On Friday I had the chance to go to Oxkutzcab here in the zone to do divisions with Elder Grover! Elder Grover has been out 1 month more than me and is a district leader in the zone. I had the chance to go work with him and see how things are going there in his area. He is one of my great buddies here so it was a fun day. I love how in divisions I have the chance to learn so much from others. I also had the chance to do a baptismal interview for a little girl named Sandra. The picture below is her at her baptism! I loved it that is for sure. I love seeing people who have desires to be baptized.

On Saturday we decided to go surprise someone with service super early in the morning and we went and chopped down all the weeds at someones house, Marlene, the family we found that I talked about last week. These weeds were literally like small trees to say the least. But I LOVE giving service. It fills my heart with so much joy. It was great to see their faces after-wards when they realized it. Also it was a good thing we did it early because later that morning we got a message that there is a new rule we cant use machetes or do service projects like that anymore... the fun days are gone :( it probably is for the better though because missionaries can be dumb sometimes haha.



On Saturday we then had the coolest lesson again with Marlene and her kids. They all read their Book of Mormon assignments and not only that.... they marked the stuff they didn't understand. They are so ready and awesome wow I love teaching people like them. We then went early in the morning Sunday to wake them up and they weren't there :( We don't know why but they didnt go to church. Our other investigators didn't go either. It made me soooo sad. But sometimes it is good to have weeks like that. Opposition in all things. To make me more humble and realize the blessings the Lord gives me daily. It was super sad though. But something I will never forget is when Tony, the mentally challenged older guy I sent a picture with last week, saw the church Sunday morning and from far away got so excited and started running towards it and right before he got to the entrance he tripped and fell. It was like the cutest/saddest thing ever hahaha.

So I totally was about to forgot to explain my subject of this email! This week, I officially had my first dog bite. A dog bit my leg in the street! It was the lamest funniest thing ever. It actually hurt super bad, but thankfully nothing happened haha but I can now add a dog biting me to the list of things in my mission.

I love this mission so much and I love God! I know He loves all the same. No matter what we do, we always will be loved by Him.

Elder Plowman

Matthew 19  29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment