Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

6 MORE WEEKS IN TI-COOL! - JULY 25, 2016



So what a great week this was! It was filled with miracles, trials, and teaching! Just to let ya'll know, last night we had transfer calls and I am staying here in Ticul with Elder Martinez for another transfer! I am totally stoked, I wanted to stay here so bad. I am going to start my 3rd transfer here already which is honestly so crazy, but I still have so much to learn here. Of the 85 or so companionships in the mission, every single one had changes in their companionship or area except 3, one of the three being mine :) I was praying to the Lord so much to let me stay here but also that I would be willing to accept His will, and it makes me happy to see His will was the same as mine!

Anyway, this was a super great week because last Tuesday Elder Bahr came to visit here in Ticul! Remember him?? He was the gringo companion I was with for May and the first half of June! He is totally one of my best friends and it was so great to see him again here but also super weird because he was in normal clothes!
It was fun to go around visiting the people with him again! Also, my companion and I decided to help make shirts for the Ticul Zone, so everyone had to pay 63 pesos and we made these sick shirts with our name on the back and everything. Down below is a picture, even though 8 missionaries werent there that day, it has been super fun to be here in the Ticul Zone!

My companion and I found a new way to teach which I love. I have this book full of art and pictures of the Bible and Book of Mormon. We give this book to the less actives and tell them to choose 1 picture they want to learn more about or what stands out to them. Doing this immediately helps us to find their need in that moment and the lessons we teach that are so strong because we apply everything to their own life. It has been super fun. We dont teach everyone like that but I love finding new ways to teach! It is great.

Okay I have a super crazy story. Back in the beginning of May, Elder Bahr and I went to Sacalum, a tiny pueblo about 30 minutes from Ticul, and there was nothing there and all we did was contact 1 girl and give her a Book of Mormon. Well this week, this girl called us and said she read The Book of Mormon and it interested her! So we went back twice to teach her and she is super awesome! Her name is Liliana, and she is 23. Lives with her mom who only speaks Mayan. It is crazy, the tough thing is that it is super hard for her to go to church because it is so far away, but we have faith she can do it! It was so crazy and testified to me of how The Lord prepares people to be taught!

Also, remember that family i said we found, Marlene?? Well this week we taught them, and about 6 of their friends (11 year old boys) showed up and all of them accepted baptism in 1 lesson. Like it is crazy! Below is a picture of us with them. 3 of those little boys went to church alone and it was crazy!!


Also, for my 2.5 months here in ticul, every Thursday night we have tried to set up an activity to play soccer and basketball, but we never had my success, just a few people would go. This Thursday literally 30 teenagers went and most of them were investigators! It was super super fun to see that and play with them and show them the church! With patience comes success.

This week we had 6 investigators in the church and 5 of them  are progressing! Manuel, David, Ulyses (11 year olds), also carolina and Ismael! (11 years old and 8 years old). It was super awesome to see!!

Okay so let me tell you. This week I ate a couple of the craziest things I have eaten in my whole mission. The other day I ate literal chicken feet, like the foot and leg and little hairs and everything. Then I also ate bull intestine. It was literally so crazy and I dont know how I do it without barfing honestly. It is crazy to think of all the things I eat now that I would never have eaten before.




Solo quiero testificarles que yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro salvador y redentor. Jesucristo nos salva de todo. Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de los Últimos Días es la única iglesia en el mundo que tiene el poder de Dios y un profeta. So José Smith no hubiera orado y preguntado a Dios, no tendríamos la iglesia verdadera en la tierra hoy en día.

Elder Plowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment