So about one hour ago I received a call from the Zone Leaders and they told me I have special transfers, which I didn't believe at first because missionaries always pull that type of joke, telling you that you have transfers and freaking you out but then telling you you actually don't. So at first I didn't believe them, but they told me that I have special transfers and that I am leaving Calkiní. Once I talked to them long enough to figure out that they really weren't joking, my heart totally dropped. I am leaving Calkiní. I couldn't even have imagined this. I am so sad honestly. I thought I would be here 5 more weeks at the least, because literally just one week ago I had transfers with a new companion.... but yep I am leaving Calkini and today is my last day! I have transfers. They told me I am going to be a Zone Leader in Ticul Zone and I am going to be in the Ticul Sierra area. I am honestly so shocked right now... just with every aspect of everything. I don't want to leave calkini and being a zone leader is a huge responsibility and i am freaking out right now, but right now i am just gonna write about my week.
So this past week in Calkini i focused myself on helping my new companion Elder Zañartu to know the area. I taught him everything i could teach him and we worked super hard this week. This week I can honestly say is the week in the mission where I lost myself the most, or to say, i completely focused myself on others and forgot about my needs more than I ever have, and because of it it was one of the fastest and best weeks of my mission in terms of how happy I felt just working hard.
We had a ton of success this week with finding new investigators. Our investigator Mickey is going to be baptized in 2 weeks and we had success getting all of his friends to listen to us too and are all super interested! This past Monday they just made it allowed to play soccer again so on Thursday we saw Mickey playing soccer in a court with his friends and I was like hey i can play soccer now! So I saw a ball and ran and kicked it but it turns out the court was super slippery and my shoes didn't help too much and I kicked the first soccer ball I have in 6 months and I slipped so hard and fell right on my hip and elbow and it was super bloody and all of Mickeys friends laughed at me, lol it was super embarrassing and I totally learned why they made soccer prohibited for a while haha.
Great story. And sad story. Well Yesenia lost her job because her boss found out she was talking to the Mormons... so we were so sad for her and she was super sad. My companion and I prayed a ton for her to be able to find a job and we promised her if she had faith she would be able to find another job. The next day, literally ONE DAY LATER she found another job! And someone came to her offering the job! My testimony of prayer and faith totally grew it was crazy awesome.
So thinking of my last 3.5 months here in Calkini, I have seen a huge change in the branch and this branch is so amazing and has my heart. When I got here, the branch had like 45 people going every week, now like 75. Seminary has been a complete success. I have grown so much for the help of these people and love them so much.
| Mothers Day Skype |
Also yesterday I had the chance to talk to my family on Skype. It was amazing and just wanna make a quick shout out to my amazing mom and family. They are the best support ever and I wouldn't be here without them. I love them so much. Talking to them made me realize yet again how blessed I am. :)
| Elder Bahr |
So I honestly really enjoyed my 1 week with my new companion Elder Zañartu. The only problem is that he puts his milk in the bowl before his cereal... lol that was the big joke I had with him this week.
But anyways, i really did love being with him and was hoping to be with him a lot more time but the Lord has a plan for those that serve Him! I will be going to my new zone tomorrow with my new companion Elder Bahr from Utah! My first American comp here! He goes home in 1 month so I will be with him for 1 month at the most but I am excited to be with him because he will be able to teach me so much and he used to be the assistant to the president and now I will be a zone leader with him. I love this work and know that leadership is not to have more power, but to serve others. I cant wait to learn from those that I will serve.
| Milk before Cereal???? |
I am truly just an instrument in the Lords hand to bring forth his work! Without Him I am truly nothing!
3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Laminites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.
Elder Plowman
| The birds just love Elder Plowman |
No comments:
Post a Comment