| Saying Good-bye to Elder Escobar |
| Rosa, Mikail, and Dani |
So I want to talk about my testimony of Preach My Gospel. It is an inspired manual for missionary work. I was reading it on Wednesday about how when we show up at a door we shouldn't ask if they have some time to listen, we should simply start teaching and see what happens. So I decided to try it on Wednesday to see what was gonna happen. So we showed up to a house and someone said they didn't have time and i just started teaching them immediately the restoration and they ended up listening and accepting baptism date and everything. It was super awesome and my testimony of PMG grew a ton.
This week we had 3 investigators in church! It was super great! We worked so hard but it was a little hard because we pretty much knew Elder Escobar was gonna leave Calkini, so he was super sad about that all week. But we worked super hard!
| Mitsu |
Angel is an investigator of ours that is 14 years old. He is super awesome, we have been visiting him like for 2 months and he is ready for his baptism but never had gone to church because his parents didn't let him. This week he finally could go and it was testimony meeting and he asked us if he could share something too, so he goes up and shares his testimony in front of everyone and says... Hi I am Angel, I am not a member but I know this church is true and your book is true, and I want to get baptized and i know i got to come today because of my prayers... and he just kept talking and gave the most powerful testimony ever as an INVESTIGATOR. It was so amazing.
| Angel |
So Mitsu, is who used to be an atheist. She showed up to church yesterday! She said she hadn't stept in a church for like 10 years and had never had the curiosity or motivation to step foot in a church or do the sacrifices necessary to be able to go, but is really trying to follow Jesus Christ. It was so powerful and she said she knows our church is different.
Yesenia lied to us this week and told us she moved out of her boyfriends house to be able to get baptized. Lets just say it was super awkward when she and her boyfriend got in a fight in front of us about her lying... it was super sad.
So I just am so happy for the opportunity i have to continue in Calkini. Elder ZaƱartu is my new companion, he is from Chile! I now have had companions from USA, Bolivia, Mexico, Honduras, and Chile! It is super awesome! I am so excited to be here and i know the Lord loves each and every one of you. You guys are so amazing and i love you so much. I know that this church is true and that through His love we can get through anything. I love you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment