| Entrance to Calkini |
This week I was feeling really down on Thursday and Friday, about the work. We had encountered so many amazing people, but literally every single one seemed to have some type of excuse to not be able to talk to us or go to church etc. Like we found them, placed baptism date, and then when we talked about coming back every single one seemed to have some excuse against us. Some named America, Areli, Andrea etc. They are out all day long and leave to travel on the weekends to Campeche etc, or their parents are so Catholic that they wont ever be able to come to church until they are 18.... things like that. However, I totally changed the way I was viewing things and learned a ton honestly. On Saturday we found Antonio, a 16 year old in Dzitbalche. He is an awesome investigator who accepted a baptism date! And also on Sunday, our investigator, Felipes mom, yes i don't know her name... I forgot (haha), came to church! So that was really awesome!
So in the picture i sent with this, there is a picture with an old lady we found who is named Maria. Wow, has she touched my heart so much. She can hardly walk, has no hair, is really sick, she lives alone in a little shack, her kids are drunks and abandoned her. She is so amazing... I love her so much. We are going to help her so much. Her situation makes me so sad, but it is honestly crazy the love i have for her.
So here back in a little town, the missionaries literally do everything with the branch! I gave a talk in sacrament meeting, I direct the hymns, and my comp and I taught the lesson in 2nd and 3rd hour. Lol. But yesterday my companion and I started seminary for the first time here in Calkini! We are going to teach it like institute, once a week for an hour and a half. But yesterday we had our first class and 8 kids showed up! It was a super awesome class, and honestly yesterday i realized how much I love teaching the gospel in class settings like that with kids. It was actually really successful.
2 days this week we left at 9am, earlier than normal to go teach someone in the morning that is only at her house in the morning, but she wasn't there both times.... it made me super sad, but what I learned is that yes I left earlier and worked way longer those days, but it was what the Lord needed me to do!
This past Tuesday we didn't leave until 2pm because there was what is called Pintadera here in Calkini, where everyone throws paint on everyone but it is dangerous, like paint filled with acid and eggs... so yeah lol.
The accents here are so crazy different, because they all talk Mayan and also don't have teeth, but also my companion has a different accent because he is from Honduras, so my Spanish has been improving a ton!
This transfer is 7 weeks so I still have 5 weeks here at least! But what it means is that every missionary will either serve 5 weeks shorter or 1 week longer! But i still have a long time to go to think about that!
Honestly yes this week was hard but I learned so much about the love the Lord has for me and the patience I need to have, and humility to accept His will. I loved this scripture, which shows how we should feel if we truly love those around us, and I honestly do feel this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment