Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

BAPTISM OF NAYELI AND TRANSFERS - FEBRUARY 1, 2016

Nayeli and Abraham and family
Hello everyone! 

This was a great and crazy week in the mission. First off, I had the amazing opportunity to perform the ordinance of baptism for Nayeli. We asked her who she wanted to baptize her on Tuesday night and she immediately pointed at me. It made me so happy to be able to have the opportunity. Honestly, I saw such a change in her over the 2 months I knew her. She is so great and literally going to be such an amazing member her whole life. She and her husband Abraham are planning on getting sealed in the temple and I will be able to attend in 1 year! Abraham used to be completely less active, but he gave the most amazing testimony about his change and how he knows the church is true at the baptism. Honestly, it is so crazy to have baptized 3 people who are literally all 20 years old, and it is so great to know the future is being prepared by the hand of the Lord. Nayeli made the most amazing step of baptism, and I know that baptism is the door to salvation. Immediately when Nayeli came up out of the water, I said, "You are clean". And the spirit was so strong. Wow. I also gave her a hymn book in Spanish because she loves the hymns and how she feels when she sings them. 




This week Elder Luna and I made it our goal to have 55 lessons, we worked harder than we ever had and had 58 lessons... literally unheard of. Thankful to the Lord for all His help in this work. Elder Luna and I had the goal to have 55 lessons in one week and 2 baptisms this transfer and that is what we did. The Lord truly helps to accomplish goals.

The changes I have seen in Kukulcan are honestly crazy.... in these 12 weeks of being here, I have seen endless people grow their faith and either return to the church or participate more. I know without a doubt that this ward has changed. Our bishop has changed so much and the leaders in the ward and started working so hard these last couple weeks to help us. The family, Enriquez Concha, finally went to church this week, and their son should be getting baptized this Saturday, Kevin.

Nayeli Y Abraham
This past Friday, I had splits with Elder Sheppert for a day. Literally being his companion for a day was awesome haha, he is my best friend here so that was great. We contacted a ton, taught a ton, and also placed a baptism date! It is crazy how we can truly serve with anyone while the spirit is with us both.

So.... this week was transfer calls. I am now serving in Calkini 2 with Elder Escobar. Yesterday they called us at night and told us. Honestly I really wanted to stay in Kukulcan, in 3 months there I learned so much. It hit me so hard and I honestly cried so hard.... I love every single one of the people there. Every single one. This morning we went and said bye to Nayeli and Abraham and Nayeli cried, and also our neighbors Ninfa and Gloria cried. It hit me so hard how much I loved every single person there, literally without fail. I loved that area so much and the way I worked to change the area and change my personal abilities. I am here in Calkini 2, the same Zone i was in the first time, but a different area. This area is basically the middle of my first area with no one, and my big area in a city. This area is big and has 4 pueblos we have to serve in, and it is only a branch again. But there are people and it is like a small town! I am really excited to work here. I know without a doubt the Lord knows where we need to serve Him, and we are called by him. Elder Escobar is from Honduras... and that is all I know about him lol. He has 10 months in the mission, and seems great so far! I love you guys so much and know the church is true!

Elder Plowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment