Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A WEEK WITHOUT BIKE PROBLEMS - NOVEMBER 2, 2015

Yes!! What a miracle!! This week was in fact, a week without ANY bike problems!! The Lord blesses us all differently, and this was definitely a blessing for me. This week was the fastest one yet, but I hate to say it I probably had the least crazy experiences. I don't know if I am just getting more used to this, or if it was just more normal! But it was definitely an awesome week. 

President Garcia, my mission president, has told us that Coahuila is one of his areas he is focusing on the most here. He literally has been helping us so much this week. He gave us the counsel to invite all people of all ages to seminaries and institutes, and he wants us to change this place a lot. 

So right at this point in my letter, my computer shut off and I lost everything. So I don't have much time right now, but I will write what I can!!

President Garcia gave us the authorization to act in the place of the branch president here, because he doesn't do much.  So one of our biggest goals here is to do all we can to help the branch president. We teach a lot of the people here self sufficiency, basically how to live. How they can pay for things and plan ahead. Once they understand this, they can understand and live the gospel better! The people here really do not know much, it is crazy!

As secretary I do a lot of work with tithing, it is interesting how the church handles it all. I deposit it in the bank every week and do all the computer work! It is very interesting.

This week I participated in 2 disciplinary counsels. Wow, was that interesting. I wont talk a lot about them because they are very sacred, but honestly it is crazy the way the Atonement can work in peoples lives. 

Sometimes here I have felt like my companion doesn't focus on the investigators enough. A lot of times we miss appointments because we are doing stuff for the branch, but what I have learned is all souls are the same, and as long as we are trying to do our best to save souls, all will be well!

Our investigators are doing great! They are progressing, inviting us to eat all the time, etc, it has been a great experience with them. No baptism date for Angelica y Felipe yet, because Angelica is very catholic, and she thinks she knows everything so it is hard. Felipe is ready, but Angelica needs some time. 

Interesting story. On Sunday, we were working in the church office, doing all we needed. We had a prompting to look on our records to see if it was someones birthday, we do so, and indeed it is someones birthday, but we don't know who this person is! We know the family, just not the person. So we go to this families house.. and that person was there. She only goes once a month back home to Coahuila, and that day was her birthday and we knew it!! So we sang to her, and she has been inactive for years now, and we taught her. The Lord guides his work! I know it!

On Sunday, 5 minutes before priesthood meeting, my comp tells me I am going to teach it. I was freaking out. In Spanish.. a 1 hour lesson ALONE!! In English I would freak out! I prayed for help from the spirit and received it. Sure, there are only like 5 of us in that lesson, but the spirit helped me so much. I thought it went well.. I felt no struggle with language and it was awesome. 

These last two days were Dia De Los Muertos.. Maya style. Very interesting. Yesterday, hardly anyone was at church because they have this tradition on Nov 1st to cook this thing called PiBi Pollo, they start at 6am and do it all day. They cook it literally buried in the ground. We had dinner at 3 places, same food. I have never felt so sick and full. The bottom of it is literally as hard as a rock. A knife cant cut it, so i just try to hard to chew it but literally it hurt my mouth to eat. It tastes good, but is impossible to eat!! You can also taste the dirt... but yeah.. learning a lot about this Mayan culture. I have learned some of the Mayan language!!

We have a guy that comes around on his Little motorcycle every night selling the best bread pastries ever... 2 for 5 pesos, literally 25 cents. I love it. 



Okay I have so much to say, I am sorry this was VERY rushed today, I couldn't think very well. But I love this work, no matter how hard it is.

"Thank you Mr. Gardener, for loving me enough to cut me down."

A quote by Elder Christofferson that got me through the week.

I love you all!

Elder Plowman



No comments:

Post a Comment