| The Zone |
This week was awesome. Some highlights.
I was in Calkini on splits with Elder Archibald for 5 days this past week, he is our Zone leader. I had honestly an amazing experience. I got to learn what it is like to be in a quote on quote normal area for once. We walked and walked and walked. I learned so much from him and that type of work was SO different, it was insane. Elder Archibald taught me so much, like it was crazy. He bore his testimony a ton just to me and helped me so much. He is a stud.
- An 18 year old member named Oscar walked with us and taught all day, every day, with us, it was insane, what a strong example he is.
- The life in a city is way different. One day we had 4 dinners, 2 drinks, 4 deserts, 1 donut, and a huge bottle of Honey given to us for free.
- What I learned is: I am not accustomed to walking far at all because of the bike in Coahuila, so walking everywhere was really hard... but awesome.
- Elder Archibald taught me something very important about this life. We cant only think about the end of something or look forward to the end because we will miss all the experiences and opportunities we can have between now and then. It helped me a lot to change my perspective.
| Kemish and Elder Plowman (he is 2 like Olivia) |
So Sunday was crazy, at 8am we got a honk outside our house, which is weird cause there arent any cars in Coahuila. We look out and it was the PRESIDENT OF THE MISSION! IN OUR AREA!! We were a little shocked to say the least of it. So he came to literally change the whole entire Branch... it was insane. He released everyone. I was released as Secretary and didnt know till they did it in Sacrament meeting, and I immediately knew that meant I was being transfered. My heart dropped and I was really sad honestly. I had 20 minutes to pack later that afternoon, and we drove to Merida with President Garcia. They made my companion the president of the branch, and said they need someone in Coahuila who can be there for a long time and there are other things in store for me! Who knows!!
So some funny stuff to put in the middle of this.
When you lose a tarantula or rat in your house, it is a little scary-
A haircut here was 30 pesos... less than 2 dollars. In the states, they are close to 30 dollars.
So now I am in an area called Kukulcan!! It is the biggest area in the mission. It used to be two areas but they combined it into one. Apparently all we do is walk and walk and walk. Last week definitely prepared me a little. I dont know much about it but it is a ward with a bishop and ward mission leader and everything, so I am excited to work on the Lords work! What I have learned is I will be happy to serve wherever I am needed, and the Lord has prepared this for me. I was finally accustomed to my life in Coahuila, and now everything is different. My new companion is Elder Luna from Puebla Mexico. He is so short, but seems awesome.
Also I am in one of the biggest houses!! Literally this is insane. A 5 room house, with all this extra space we wont use. The worst living conditions to the best. I am 20 mins outside of merida. My room I will sleep in has an Airconditioning unit... one of 3 houses in the whole mission. I have a shower now, and water, and stores and people to talk to. Anyways, everything is opposite now. I think this will be amazing!!
I have learned I am not a Savior, only a medium for people to find their Savior Jesus Christ.
I love you all.
Elder Plowman
16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
Alma 26:16
| Woman we taught in Calkini |
No comments:
Post a Comment