Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

MI MAMA - - TRAINING - MAY 17, 2017

Welcome to Mexico Elder Alvizures
Hey everyone!!! This week (or last week and a half) has been so crazy! So many things have happened that I honestly don't remember much. You are probably wondering why I am writing on Wednesday morning but its because we haven't had our Pday yet, and all day Monday and Tuesday I was in Merida with my new companion, who just got to the mission. Anyways let me tell you about how I have been!

Last week I was kinda nervous because I knew transfers were coming and I felt like they were going to take me out of Calkini. We worked hard and things went well but it was kinda lame because no one went to church. I started feeling sad that they might take me out of Calkini but I still had no clue yet. But the best part was that on Sunday at about 6pm I got to talk to my family on Skype :) I remember I was so nervous the whole day because I was thinking "what happens if the Internet doesn't work?" haha, But I realized that being worried all day isn't worth it because the internet worked anyway! Something I have learned in the mission is sometimes we worry too much about the small things when we can just be happy! Talking to my mom was amazing and it was super cool because my mission president was here in the church building and he talked to my family for a few minutes. He told them that I am a great missionary and things like that, I don't know how I got him to lie to my family ;) Haha I am kidding, but I knew my mom would love being able to get to know him a little bit. I can't believe I am done with my 4 Skype calls and before I know it I will be home!!! 

About an hour after I got done talking to my family they gave us the transfers. I am staying in Calkini again!!! I am also training a new missionary!! I am so STOKED!!! I was super surprised to stay in Calkini because I already have more than 6 months here in total but I just realized there must be something in Calkini that I haven't learned that I need to learn. I love these people here and I feel recommitted to truly helping them and loving them the most I can. My companion Elder Quintero was moved to Merida as District Leader so I feel great that I could train him well :) We had to wake up super early Monday morning to go to Merida and I had to be in the church building there to wait for my new companion and when the 10 new missionaries walked in I had a cool experience. Literally the first time I saw my new companion, i knew he was going to be my companion, i don't know why, I just knew. Then president Ruiz called me up and talked about me and called my new companion, Elder Alvizures. It was cool because President said to the new missionaries that he chose the best missionaries from the mission to train them. I remembered a lot about my first day in the mission and how I felt. First time sleeping in a hammock, the heat, all the super crazy anxiety I felt the first day. Here in the mission he is "mi hijo", or my kid. I just want to help him so much. He is super quiet and from Guatemala. He is the youngest of 6 kids and his whole family are members. He has a broken wrist from playing soccer before the mission and it is still taking time to heal so it is an opportunity to serve him more. I want to help him so much. 
District


This is the first time in my mission i am training someone from the start and it is a crazy experience so far. I just am trying my best to understand my companion and help him. The culture here is different to him and I am helping him understand. Yesterday we had the chance to go to the temple and that was absolutely amazing. I prayed so much to be guided in this new experience. I just hope you guys have a great week and I don't have much time today to write. I read something that I really liked.


"If you have not chosen the kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead." I know this is true, and I know that the way to be happiest in life is to choose the kingdom of God!!

Elder Plowman

No comments:

Post a Comment