 |
| Johann gets baptized |
Hello everyone!! I hope you guys had a great week, I know I sure did. Honestly, when I look back on this past week I know I did so much but I feel like I can't remember as much of it as I usually do. Usually I have a sticky note I write on throughout the week with the things I want to write about, but this week I forgot to do it! So i will do my best to write about how this week went.
Well, on Tuesday we had our district meeting and since it was the last week of transfers we decided to take a picture of our small little district. It has been a pleasure to be their district leader this transfer and I have learned a lot from them and I learn every day what I can do to become a better missionary and a better leader through this experience!
 |
| Calkini District |
So lets just say it is HOT again here in Calkini. The type of hot where I am just always sweating again, even at 2am. I think this week it got up to 107 degrees, and at night in my room where I sleep it is like 98 degrees when we get home, and when we put the air conditioning unit on, it just makes it from like 98 to 90 degrees. Last night I was so hot I decided to sleep on the floor because it was a little cooler on the floor. My companion is talking about how hot it is and i just always tell him to enjoy it because it will only get hotter in these months, especially in May whenever it is 113 degrees every day. I just realized that I am basically going to be sweating every day till I get home! But the best part about the mission is just looking on the bright side and not complaining. My comp always runs to the shade as fast as he can when he walks and I told him to just enjoy the sun! Lets walk in the sun!!
 |
| SO HOT IN CALKINI |
This week we had the amazing opportunity to baptize Johann. This little kid has so many desires to serve the Lord. We have been working so much with his mom these past 6 weeks to become active in the church again and help her be able to support her son in his decision. On Sunday he was baptized in between the 2 conference sessions, which was an amazing experience.
 |
| Johann |
There were a lot of things that happened that made it a special baptism for example: The air conditioning unit stopped working. Also the branch president baptized him and walked in the baptismal font with his iPhone, which is a super rare thing for someone to have here in Mexico. But when it was all said and done, it was great because we had the presence of a few investigators there who stayed for the baptism right after church was done. William stayed and as he watched the baptism he was so happy and excited because this Saturday he will be baptized :) It has been great to see his mom support him more and I feel more comfortable about baptizing William because I know that his mom will support him. She told us Sunday after the baptism "William is super excited. I love to see him like this." So I am happy to say that the best thing in the world is being an instrument in the Lords hands. Calkini is progressing a ton!
Well obviously the highlight of my week also was being able to watch General Conference. Where do I even start? They have always been the favorite 10 hours of my mission every six months. I realized that this was the last General Conference of my mission. 4 down, 0 to go. I reflected a lot about each of the General Conferences that I have seen in my mission. I was in Calkini for 3 of the 4 haha. When I started the mission I was in Cohuila but had to come to Calkini to watch it. Then 1 year ago I was here in Calkini and right now I am here again. I was thinking about how the first time I watched General Conference in the mission I had 2 months in the mission and I was absolutely dying from homesickness and I cried the whole General Conference haha. It was my first week in the mission field. I reflected on how far I have come, or should I say, how far the Lord has carried me. I want to share some things that I absolutely loved. "He that humbleth himself shall be exalted." " Come as you are, but don't plan to stay as you are." "For Him to direct our paths, we have to walk." I could go on and on and on about what I learned. I watched 3 of the sessions in English and 2 in Spanish, and its crazy how i understand the 2 languages exactly the same, but obviously it is always a little better in English :) I know that God calls prophets because He loves us, and He does everything so that we can return with Him.
So yesterday we had transfer calls!! I can't believe I have been here in Calkini 6 weeks more. We got the call at about 9:30pm and they told me that I am staying in Calkini again, with Elder Quintero! So we were super happy to not have transfers :) We have a lot of plans for this transfer and I really get along great with my companion and we have only been together about a month and I really want to be able to keep teaching him and learning from him! I cant believe that I have finished 14 transfers in the mission, and only have 3 left including this one!! Time flies!!
 |
| ONE TIRED MISSIONARY |
Elder Plowman
10 Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
11 Nevertheless, in this I do not glory, for I am unworthy to glory of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment