Wow, okay so this was a super crazy week!! A week filled with learning and miracles. To say the least... I am in a trio now!! Basically it means for 1 week I am going to have 2 companions... it has been a weird couple days but let me just tell you guys all about it!
So without saying too much detail, on Friday we had to go to an area in our zone to help out a missionary who was really really struggling. We had to go Friday night on assignment from the president to the house of these other missionaries and we had the rule that we COULD NOT SLEEP. Between the 4 of us missionaries, my companion and I always had to have 1 of us awake. So this was quite the experience. We stayed up till 5am making sure the other missionary didn't do anything bad to himself. Well without saying too much detail, a missionary here was having thoughts of hurting himself so we went to the house to make sure he didn't do anything while his companion was asleep. So at about 5am I crashed so hard and slept on the floor for 1 hour. Then the whole entire day Saturday I was soooo bored and tired. Literally the first day in my mission and the first day for more than a year that I didn't have anything to do. There was only so much studying I could do. I studied the Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, The Bible, Church Magazines, and Spanish each like an hour each and still had like 8 hours of boredom in there. Lets just say, having a day of doing nothing just made me so thankful for the days I do get to leave. Something I love about the mission is there is never a minute of boredom, so this day of doing nothing was definitely a trial for me and I learned a ton. But Saturday night the missionary went home which meant that Elder Capulin didn't have a companion! So we were told he is going to be with us in a trio until next Monday! So since Saturday he has been with us and it has been a crazy change that is for sure. It is going to be an opportunity to learn a lot, be more patient, and love others more. In a lot of aspects it makes things super inconvenient all the time, but I am going to make the best of this new opportunity. Every time I have an opportunity to do something in the mission I have never done before, it makes me super happy because it is an opportunity to grow! Elder Capulin is from Puebla Mexico and is a really awesome obedient missionary! We are going to take advantage of this situation and have one of us go with a member to work and 2 of us work together so we can have double the work this week!! WOOHOO!!
| The Trio....staying up all night |
Anyway this week was super great with our investigators. Jesus has a baptism date now!! We invited him to baptism October 29th and he accepted! He still has a lot of growth to do but it was amazing. When we were explaining to him about the book of Mormon he goes... lets see what this book has to tell me... and he flipped to a random page which just so happens to be about faith in Alma 32: 42
"And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you."
It was just one of those small little miracles. Like how in the world is he going to open to THAT scripture?? He was super impressed. He has a tough belief about God and it is hard for him to pray but little by little he is praying! He is starting a laundry business in his house and the whole week no one brought him clothes and I told my comp that God was gonna test him by sending him a ton of clothes on the weekend to see if he would go to church... and that is exactly what happened... he didn't go to church because he was busy..... But with faith!!
Wilberth is progressing so much too!! He went to church and has a baptism date for October 29th!!! He is only drinking 1 time a day now and says this week he will stop drinking for good! We are going to wait 2 weeks without him drinking before he can get baptized! This past week we helped him to stop drinking twice a day and he is down to 1 a day!! I am so excited for him. If he gets baptized I am going to cry so hard because when I met him I thought there was no way he would get baptized and stop drinking one day but I repented and decided to have more faith and this is what has happened!
Also Cecilia is super excited. When we first met her, we always had to like beg her to come listen to our message haha but now we show up and she just sits down for herself! She is super excited about learning and about church and all and we are teaching her little by little. She had never prayed before in her life and now prays with us and alone! Miracles!
So the Familia Osorno... the atheist mom! An update on her. There is progress with this family slowly but surely. This past week we read The Family: A Proclamation to the World and afterwords the mom prayed :) She used to REFUSE to pray and would laugh at us when we would pray with her family and she would be like, why am I going to pray to someone that I don't believe exists?? Then she prayed this week and asked God to show to her that He exists :) That was a huge step.
Also something super interesting.... Junior, the guy that used to believe in The Grim Reaper and all that, told us something crazy. He was progressing super great and all then out of nowhere stopped talking to us. So he told us that in that religion he used to be in, if you stop believing in it and turn to God that apparently like a family member will die. IDK it is a lot of really weird stuff if you ask me haha but he said his mom got super sick and is like questionable if she will live and he says he cant talk to us anymore because he cant play with the Grim Reaper and wow it is super weird like how am I supposed to believe that?? But what I do know is that Satan does make things harder and there is opposition in all things. But what I do know and what I can testify to every single one of you is that the power of God is stronger than anything. He is still willing to listen and we just have to have more faith with him.
Something I have learned in the mission is some days I leave and feel like nothing is going our way, then in the last minutes of our day we see a miracle. Also I have learned that everything is better in life when our life is centered in Jesus Christ.
We had a great leadership conference this past week! We learned a lot about how to plan better and set daily goals. We also learned about a better way to verify how the zone is going. So tomorrow we are going to give a zone conference! WOOHOO! Those are always the best! I am really excited to have this week ahead of me. It is super fun to be in a trio! We are always laughing all the time. I just wouldn't wish to always be in a trio, but for one week I am going to make the best of it :)
I love yall!
Elder Plowman
No comments:
Post a Comment