 |
| FAMILIA DALIA |
So I have decided as time goes on in the mission I am getting more and more adapted to missionary life, but one thing that never seems to change are the nerves I feel whenever it is the day of transfer calls! I am always so nervous because in one moment I am told where I am going to live and who I am going to live with for 6 weeks! But I am happy to say that Elder Luna and I are staying the same here in Arboleda! I think the best thing in the mission is being able to stay together for at least 2 transfers in an area with a companion. Because for about 6 weeks we are figuring out the best way to work in the area and always the last week we have so much success and should always have more in the upcoming transfer! So we have the chance to keep getting better and make results in the 2nd transfer from our first transfers work! Almost all our zone here in Merida got changed except for us so we are super excited to be able to help our zone to accomplish their goals.
On Thursday the trio ended... we got a call that Elder Capulin had a new companion already and could go back to his area. It was funny because I was actually kinda sad that the trio ended a few days earlier than expected.
So this week we were really focused on finding new investigators through the help of our references the members had given us. A lot of times we get references but we don't do the best job and contacting them enough. So this week we found a ton of new investigators through references! Every time after we contacted a reference I would just be like... I LOVE REFERENCES!! They are definitely one of the best ways to find new investigators.
On Saturday we did 3 service projects in the morning. Our ward mission leader has a fruit store and makes super natural juices so he taught us how to make the juices and lets just say I have my new business all set up for when I go home! Hahaha. I love giving service to the people here!
Our investigators are doing great! Jesus and Wilberth went to church again. Jesus is definitely one of the hardest people I have ever had to teach. He is super smart and has some crazy smart ideas about God but says he really wants to try to believe us. We are working with him so that he receives an answer from God that the things we teach are true. He has already gone to church 5 times but needs more time that is for sure. He is starting a self sufficiency class to find employment that the church offers so he is super excited about that. We really want to find new investigators and baptize this transfer! The picture below is a family of new investigators that we found! We were celebrating the birthday of their little boy.
So if this week my letter seems not as detailed it is because I lost my agenda where I always write my thoughts throughout the week of cool things that happen in the week! Well, i didn't lose it, Elder Capulin accidentally put it in his suit case when he left haha. But one last thing... today was a crazy day!!! We went to COSTCO!!! It was the best thing ever haha. I literally spent 1500 pesos... which is a month worth of money here. But the thing is that I bought food for 6 weeks!! I bought a whole bunch of cereal and NUTELLA and just so much AMERICAN STUFF. I felt so American for a moment. We then asked someone to call us an Uber and we took Uber back to the house.. it was just like I was in the United States again... except I was the one buying and not my mom but you guys get the point :) Also the picture below is the telescope of an investigator here and we were looking at the moon yesterday which was super beautiful! Anyway, I am super excited to have another transfer here. I love this area... well I love all my areas! Because the work is always the same :) I love you all and know Jesus Christ loves you!

Elder Plowman
No comments:
Post a Comment