| Baptism of Ismael y Carolina |
On Tuesday we had the opportunity to give a zone conference and it was super awesome!! I absolutely love giving zone conferences because I have the opportunity to learn so much! The zone is growing so much and this week the zone baptized 5 people and in 3 weeks we have given out 581 copies of The Book of Mormon! We put the goal to give out 700 in 6 weeks and at this rate we will hit over 1000 in 6 weeks! I love seeing how excited the zone is to give out books!
So this week I am going to get right to it. On Saturday we had 2 baptisms! Of Carolina and Ismael. On Saturday we went to the church a little early to clean the baptismal font and get the whole thing ready and little did we know that the baptismal font doesn't work right and the water doesn't drain out. So we spent forever trying to figure out how to drain the water, but with no success! The water was suuuuper dirty and there were a ton of bugs and spiders in the font and it was about half way full. So we realized the only option was to clean it out with buckets. So bucket at a time we were throwing the water out of the font and cleaning it. Then Ismael and his brother Sergio showed up and started to help us a little bit. Then next thing we know it literally turned in to a huge water fight! The little kids were throwing buckets all over us and we were running all over the place getting soaked and it was just the funniest thing ever. I felt like a little kid again and it is definitely an experience I will never ever forget from my mission. Just realizing how crazy those little kids are and how much fun we can have as missionaries. And it is just such a funny thing that we had to take the water out bucket at a time.
We then had the baptismal service!! I had the chance to baptize Ismael, and my companion baptized Carolina. It was the coolest thing ever to see their faces after their baptism. And Ismael being a little kid, after he was baptized, started swimming in the font hahahaha. Honestly baptizing someone is the coolest thing in the world. I wanna talk a little bit about them and their life situation. I met Carolina and Ismael about 5 weeks ago. I told you that a little kid came up to me on the street and asked me to give him a blessing because he has a tumor in his rib, remember that? And I gave him a blessing saying he would be a missionary one day? Well that is how I met him and he has come so far. They live way far in the jungle in our area and live in a tiny dirt hut. Their dad will be in jail for the next 20 years for killing a person, and basically any person that has the life situation they have would have a good excuse to be sad. But they aren't. They are so happy and are changing their life. They want to be someone different. They want to be missionaries one day. Seeing the way I have been able to help them learn how to change their life has been so amazing.
This week, we are planning on baptizing their older sister. Her name is Bernice. With her baptism, the family will now be all members :)
I love this work so much. I know that He lives and that He can change your life. I love you guys so much! My invitation to you today is to allow Him to change you.
Elder Plowman
d&c 100 1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friend [Elder Plowman*] your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.


No comments:
Post a Comment