| Gloria's Baptism |
So last week, I am sure you all remember I went on my little sermon about how no one showed up to church and all I learned from it.... well this week we worked even harder. We had 82 lessons this week.... we felt so ready for Sunday to come, and were praying so much to help our investigators come. But, we were feeling very humbled and were asking for at least just 1 investigator to come to church! So we woke up super early on Sunday and went knocking house to house to wake up people to go to church and we were feeling super good about it. We showed up to the church about 20 mins before it started and we saw our mission presidents van in the parking lot. Like what in the world is he doing here!?!? So he was here with his whole presidency and my companion and I were going to give talks but the mission presidency did. So, we were waiting for our investigators to show up... SEVEN INVESTIGATORS SHOWED UP!!! 7! SEVEN!!! It was the happiest feeling in the whole world. And not even that, a ton of our less active members we have been working with showed up yesterday too. There were 77 people at church yesterday, normally there are about 50-60. It was like wow of all the days to have so much success, the day when my mission president comes is quite a good one!! It was so stressful having so many people at church to make sure they felt welcome but it was such a great Sunday.
On Tuesday we had divisions, which means i was in my area,Calkini, with a different missionary. I was a little nervous at first to lead the area without my companion and not have the success we normally do, but it was a super great day. I was with Elder Calel who only has a month in the mission so I had the chance to be a trainer for the day. We had 14 lessons that day and I really found help from the Lord.
| Elder Calel from Guatamala |
So we found a new investigator named Mitsu. She doesn't believe in God. I had never encountered an Atheist before here in Mexico. So I wasn't sure exactly how to teach her, but we based our teachings on prayers and how she can receive answers. Just in the last week working with her she already says she knows God exists and accepted a baptism date! It was honestly like the coolest thing.
So a couple months ago I talked about two kids named Mario and Luis who cant go to church for their parents. Well we found more success through them. We met a kid named Alexis, who is friends with them. Turns out his parents got baptized in the church 12 years ago, and they are suuuuper less active. Alexis is awesome and accepted a baptism date and they came to church as a family for the whole three hours yesterday!
So an update on Maria. She has always had problems with her daughters and family not taking care of her etc. We found her youngest daughter this week about 1 hour before she was planning to leave the state and go to Ciudad Del Carmen to try to find a new life. She told us how sad she is and just wants to leave and we told her how much her mom needs her etc. It was honestly the coolest experience to tell her we are here to help her but only if she doesn't leave the state. So she decided to stay. It was so awesome. Also, Maria went to church yesterday with the help of the members! They went to get her and we didn't have to which was a nice change to see the branch go to work!
Yesenia went to church yesterday! She still needs to get married but said she is thinking about moving out so she can get baptized and then get married when her husband is more ready. Who knows but it was so awesome to see her at church!
| 4 Sisters - 3 are members one is an investigator |
| Maria Lucia - our investigator |
Matiana went to church too! She is super awesome. Marianas friend. Her daughter, Fernanda is the cutest ever. She is 6 and keeps saying when she is 8 she wants me to come back here to baptize her!
We talked with our mission president yesterday after church... he told us my companion and I have the record for lessons in a week, and that we have too much power to be together. Which means in 1 week with transfers we probably wont be together anymore which makes me sad. I don't say this for pride at all, more for humility, but Elder Luna and Elder Escobar both have told me that they have all their records in the mission with me.... really humbling honestly. President Garcia is going to come here tomorrow to work with my companion and I and visit our investigators.... it is going to be a crazy awesome experience.
I love this so much. The key is not getting prideful with 7 investigators at church... if i am prideful, I will lose blessings. Anyways, I know this church is true and I love you so much. Also Elder Escobar says in his broken English... Tell the people i love you!
haha, i love you guys so much.
Elder Plowman
29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.
No comments:
Post a Comment