| Happy Birthday Elder Escobar |
This week was a week filled with success and disappointment in the work, like any week! But it is always great to know we worked our hardest and left it up to the Lords will. We were kinda sad cause we didn't have very much success with our investigators going to church again... :( but we did have Mariana and Matiana in the church which made us happy!
I haven't given a good update on Maria since she got baptized! We have been talking with our branch about what we can do as a branch to help her go to church, since she really can't go alone.... and we haven't received very much help from the branch to go pick her up for church so we have been doing it still! But this Sunday, we had the greatest blessing ever. We left to go all the way to her house in a moto-taxi and found her like half way from her house to the church! She told us she left at 6am to walk to church because she knew it was what she needed to do. She had already been walking like 2 hours and it was amazing to see how much her faith has grown to do that. She walks so slow and can hardly walk alone but wow her faith has grown so much! We went to visit her in her house 2 times during the week with different members that gave her food. She was super sad on Tuesday and crying because she said her daughter left and wont pay for anything anymore and it was super sad.... but we told her to have faith and she said when someone gets baptized Satan tries super hard but we always have to press forward with faith! And it all turned out well and her daughter came back.
On Wednesday night we had a party with Matiana and Mariana, our two investigators and their families. It was a birthday party for Escobar. I ate so much that after I almost died hahaha you can see the plate of salbutes and cake after. Salbutes are like panuchos but soft tortilla.
Matiana is progressing!! I said last week that she told us she received her answer... well in this picture that I put is a picture of her driving and in the background it looks like there is an angel protecting her. Well honestly when she told us about this and showed us the picture, my whole entire body was filled with the spirit so strong, honestly the strongest i have felt it in my mission probably. I told her I don't know if it is actually an angel or what the deal is, but i do know that God answers prayers in a ton of different ways. And if she felt that that was an answer to her prayer and she spirit confirmed it, then that is God answering her prayer! But honestly if you look at it, it really is a crazy picture. Wow.
Yesenia and David. They are our new investigators we found the week before. Yesenia has already read to Jacob 3.... she is so awesome. But, with all people, they have a problem. We found out they aren't legally married. We talked to them about it and they are super pumped and want to get married the same day as their baptism! David told us before he used to reject everyone, he wanted nothing to do with religion. He is like the first person I have met that wasn't baptized as a kid here in Mexico. But he told us we stole his heart and he knows this is true. The problem is that he drinks a ton. :( So it is a hard situation but they really are awesome. They promised us they would go to church but didn't go... it is the most heart breaking thing when that happens honestly.
One of the first investigators i met when I got here is named Bernardo, he used to be a drunk for 55 years, we have been working with him these 2.5 months and he now has 24 days without drinking!! We are super happy for him and now trying to baptize him but that might be a little harder lol. But it is so amazing to see the changes people make here in the mission!
I haven't updated about seminary in a little while. Seminary is going super super well. Yesterday we had 13 people show up! We have made it to the middle of 2 Nephi with them and we have really seen a change in the way they are understanding the Book of Mormon! I also realize more and more every time how much i love teaching the classes. Yesterday I taught 3 classes in church!
Yesterday at lunch I ate one of the hardest things I have had to eat on my mission... usually the food is great. But yesterday for the first time i had 2 full fish literally thrown on my plate (yes cooked) but there was still eyeballs and teeth and all the bones possible and the tail and everything. Normally I like fish, but in this form was so hard to eat. Having to pick out all the bones and everything. Oh mission experiences hahaha.
Also a funny story. This week there was like a rodeo here and a bull got let loose and was running everywhere in the center of the city and everyone was running like maniacs! We didn't see it because we weren't in the center at the time but it was hilarious to see the videos a member showed us. No one died or got hurt, but is was just like classic Mexico.
This Saturday morning we played 2 hand touch football which was super fun with 3 other companionship's who were staying in our house for the night for a meeting the next day here. It was awesome. And today we also played basketball for a super long time my companion and I. It made me so happy to feel like a boy again haha.
Also a super funny weird story. Two nights ago I woke up and my hammock was on the ground and i had completely screwed up the strings of my hammock and I was sleeping on the floor... the hammock was unhooked on both walls. Who knows how it happened, but lets just say I was so confused when i woke up at 2am to try to fix it all without lights or my contacts in my eyes. LOL.
I just want to testify that I know this church is true! I sometimes just find it so crazy that I am out on a mission serving the Lord. I find His hand in my life every single day, and am so thankful to know that I am a child of God.
I love you guys all so much!!
Elder Plowman

No comments:
Post a Comment