Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Monday, December 14, 2015

SEVEN MORE WEEKS IN KUKULCAN - DECEMBER 14, 2015

Yep, that's right! It is already transfers again. And lets just say I am so happy to say this week nothing will be changing! I have the same companion Elder Luna, and will be staying in the same area! I am so excited! This transfer was only 5 weeks so people can go home before Christmas, who just finished their mission, and this is 7, but usually it will be 6 weeks!

Elder Luna and I are really happy to be here together for this next transfer. Elder Luna said these are the best numbers he has ever had in his mission. Consistently 40 lessons every week, right now 6 people with baptism dates for January, and just all in all seeing success start to happen in our area! The first 5 weeks here we worked so hard on making the area start to have success again with members, and all of our goals to start seeing the success were for this upcoming 7 weeks! Happy to be able to work here longer. We have so many goals here, and are going to work so hard to see them through. Before we got here, they closed Kukulcan 2 and made just one big Kukulcan area, and our goal is to prove that there is enough work here to have two areas, not just one! So our goal is for area Kukulcan 2 to open again one day because of our work here. I am happy to spend Christmas here in an area I already know with people I already know and love and my companion too! 

Also I have officially finished my 18 weeks of training as a missionary. 6 in Mexico city, and 12 here in the field! So as of today I am officially not a newbie! Lol.

Sandra and Sara are cousins who live together with 2 kids, who are Sandra's, because of hard times for both of them with their husbands. Sara is a member, and served a mission but doesn't go to church anymore. Sandra is an investigator. About one hour after I logged off last week, we committed her to baptism January 16th!! We are really trying to work with her cousin to be a good example and support too. 

Jhonny. This experience is crazy. One day our investigator canceled on us, when we planned to have a member join us, so we had a member with us with no where to go, and a thought hit me that we needed to go visit someone named Jhonny... who we had never met and was only in our map, and I don't know how but i remembered that it said he rests Wednesday's from work...and we went and got to know him and committed him to baptism! My prayers were answered to have somewhere to go that hour, and the spirit truly guides us. Such a testimony builder. January 23rd is his date!

Eidy is an old lady. we committed her to baptism but can't put a date yet until she gets divorced and married... a little complicated!!

Marisol y su Hija. Two girls who work in a tienda. They are very very logical, we committed them to baptism for the 23rd of January in the most simple lesson ever. We literally just told them that we should follow the example of Jesus Christ in all things, and that their baptism as Catholics isn't following the example of Jesus Christ, and they said they wanted to follow the example and get baptized by immersion! 

We are working with the members a ton and giving them Book of Mormons and challenging them to give them to a friend for a gift during Christmas time! It has helped a ton.

Friday was so awesome. We were on splits, and I had the chance to be here in Kukulcan with Elder Martinez for a day, and lead the area as a senior companion. I was so worried we would completely fail the day and I would make us get lost and not know how to lead lessons and everything, but wow the Lord helped me. I was so happy during this day, and felt the Lords help in all things. I did not stutter once, and realized how far I have come. Placed the two baptism dates with Marisol and her daughter in a lesson I lead, and have 9 lessons that day, all powerful. Also that day we sang as a zone of missionaries in a park and contacted everyone! photo below.




LIFE

People here think it is cold and are literally in sweaters etc... it is still 90 degrees daily and I sweat all day... also something I still haven't gotten used to is the freezing cold showers every morning, sure do miss the idea of a water heater lol.

We contact and talk to everyone we see pretty much, so I was talking to a person about Christmas and the videos on the page they can watch etc etc and she goes, I am a Jehovah's Witness, you know Christmas is an invention from your dumb country right? And I was like yeah, but the birth of our Savior isn't. 

A hermana gave us coffee and said it was chocolate milk... my comp and I drank the first sip and freaked out inside... didn't drink more... don't worry.

So I was a little mad at myself the other day when I emptied my pockets of trash and felt the need to go back and look for something but didn't know what... 5 minutes later when I was already in a bus going somewhere I realized I threw away a little part to hook my name tag to my suit coat... I didn't follow the little prompting of the savior and that made me so sad!!

Saturday was a huge day here in MX. Everyone was celebrating Virgin Mary... a little weird since the second commandment of God is to not praise other images but oh well.



A quote I liked. 

How often do we look to the future, anticipating great blessings and brighter days, but fail to appreciate the beauty in our lives today?

I love you all! I am truly so happy here. I love this work! 

Elder Plowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment