The reason we celebrate Christmas, and the theme we are sharing with the whole world this year! Picture shown below with the cards, we are contacting so many people, and truly teaching why we actually have Christmas! This week we literally had 44 lessons, the most my comp has had in his 1 year out in the mission, we are hitting strides with the way we work together and the success we are starting to find little by little. I am literally so happy here, the happiness i have found in this mission is so amazing, simply because I am not focusing on myself.
| Elder Luna & Elder Plowman |
Antonio... the drunk guy. He is not really progressing, but I am so bold with him, because it is the only way that works. He said he doesn't want to be a hypocrite to God, and I told him every time he drinks and acts this way, he is a hypocrite, and the porn he has on his walls is hypocritical if he claims to love his wife. I told him the pictures better come down before we come back if he really wants to say he isn't a hypocrite, and he actually needs to be sober. Success with that one, when we came back a few days later, porn gone, only a little drunk... he is a project and we are taking it little by little.
Emmanuel. A guy we found this week. HE IS AWESOME! 17 years old, accepted baptism in the first lesson for January 9th! But he had fear this Sunday and didn't show up to church, all good though, he is great! Opposition in all things, it will grow his faith.
Pancho. A new guy we found too. He accepted baptism, not a date yet though, cause everyone is different! He is 52 and really really sick... his heart hardly works and he cant walk or do anything. But he is great and accepted baptism! Just gotta figure out how to help him get to church.
Yorana. A girlfriend of a member, she accepted baptism the first lesson for January 9th! Her parents are super strict and are ministers for catholic church, but she is great! A great find honestly.
What I learned in these 3 people we found is how our faith finally paid off in terms of finding new investigators, and I got over my fear of inviting people to baptism in the first lesson, since I did it in all 3!
A guy named Jose asked us for a blessing, he has a really contagious skin disease, which he didn't tell us till after we touched him... but hey all is well! Lol.
Darwin, the guy we baptized last month, went out and worked with us for 4 hours! He is literally so strong, preparing for a mission and all!
| Darwin goes to the Merida Temple |
So we have had literally 5 references and 2 people in church this week that are strong and ready for baptism but are not in our area... but hey, it is the same work! just sometimes makes ya sad as a missionary! LOL
The devotional Sunday night from Utah was so amazing, I understood everything in Spanish! But what was crazy is how one of the people in the symphony with the MOTAB traveled to Asia with me... so I know him really well! Lol, made me think about my clarinet for the first time in months. But I am so thankful for the opportunity to hear from the people who are called of God to receive his revelation.
We had a meeting with president of the mission last week. Lets just say this mission has about every rule you could think of, but doesn't matter, it is inspiration! We cant play soccer anymore, stuff like that. Also, usually we leave at 11 or 12 after studies in the morning, but now we leave at 10, and only get 30 minutes to eat. Most missions have 2 hours to eat every day, but us 30 minutes! We work dang hard in this mission, not gonna lie.
LIFE
I know how to sew pants and shirts now... and polish shoes real good.
One night we were walking on the very side of the road... when a car flew across to our side and was about one inch from hitting us.. only didn't cause we jumped out of the way. Then the car started going in reverse and tried to get us again.... it was weird, who knows why, but I am okay! DO NOT WORRY MOM.
The people here go Christmas caroling... but their own version. First they go to your door and start singing, then they make you pay, and once you pay, they leave... lol.
Sunday, a lady from America was in church visiting and started talking to me in English and I literally could not find the words in English to reply... the change is happening....
YESTERDAY WAS SO AMAZING!! We had our Christmas party as a whole mission and I was just so happy wow. I ate 15 tacos de pastor and yes almost died and was with my best friends and saw everyone and just relaxed and enjoyed the spirit of Christmas. And we had a gift exchange and all. And after, my zone was on the bus back to our areas and we sang Christmas hymns and contacted everyone... the happiness is unreal.
I am literally so happy here. No other place I would rather be. I love you guys all so much. SO SO MUCH.
Elder Plowman
23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and besubmissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
No comments:
Post a Comment