WOW!! HELLO EVERYONE FROM MERIDA!!! I AM SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS AND READY TO START THIS THING FROM THE FIELD!!
So first off let me start by talking about my experience the last few days at the CCM! Leaving the CCM was actually surprisingly hard... it was a very bittersweet feeling. The last Sunday there (yesterday) was very very relaxing and bittersweet. I was called on to give a talk in sacrament meeting so I gave a talk on prayer in Spanish!! It was a great way to end with that branch. I have so many pictures to send but my camera chord is in my luggage which is not with me so I apologize...I really grew to love everyone in my district and my branch and it was crazy hard to leave them all! Last night we had a testimony meeting for those of us who were leaving and it was really touching to think about the way things have changed for me because of my time at the CCM. After that, we only had about 3 hours until we had to meet to get ready to go to the airport and my companion and I still had not packed, so needless to say right now as I am writing this I still haven't gone to sleep and this is has been the longest 2 days ever but also the craziest and the best!!
When we got to the airport, I had a Book of Mormon to pass out and a little pass along card and my goal was to hand them out today. When the lady sat next to me on the plane I talked to her for a good twenty minutes in only Spanish and handed her the card and she was really excited to learn more!! Right as I was gonna try to hand the BoM she decided to get up and move seats to sit by her daughter... I was kinda bummed but it was okay!! Whenever the plane landed in Merida, lets just say I literally took a breath of pure water and heat. This is the hottest place I have ever been to and today is considered a COLD DAY. It is seriously unbearable, but lets just say this experience is going to change my life forever!! I have so much more to say about today!!
We went immediately to the Presidents home, and ate a really nice home cooked breakfast and it was the best meal I have had in 6 weeks so that was a nice change of pace. We then came to the Temple and Office grounds via taxi. Some of the older Elders told me, Elder Johnson, and a latino that was with us in the cab that our goal was to get his name and address for later contact. Well we talked to him for like 30 minutes and I pull out my BoM and offer it to him and he says he will take it but that he actually already has one and has already read some!! He then went off telling us all the things he knows and stuff and we ended up getting his info for later for other missionaries in his area where he lives!! The act of teaching these small ways already to actual real people has been unreal!! I love it!!
So as we got to the Stake Center I received a new companion, his name is Elder Meza!! He is from Bolivia, has been out 15 months already, is the district leader, is the first counselor in the branch for our area, and has been zone leader before, and this is the second time he is training someone!! He is AWESOME and I can already tell! He told me he has 3 goals, to serve the Lord with all his heart might mind and strength, to receive exaltation, and to learn English! I told him I have the same but for Spanish and that we can get something going. He actually has pretty good English. We already have studied Book of Mormon together where I read it in Spanish and he reads it back in English and we both benefit. Now to talk about the area I am going to! I am going to a place called Calkini!! Calkini is the huge zone I am a part of which is like half of Campeche and some of the Yucatan. Now get this, the area I am a part of which I don't exactly know the name of is the ONLY AREA IN THE WHOLE MISSION THAT HAS BIKES!! Everyone tells me this area is an area of miracles, but they mostly speak Mayan... so this will be interesting!! But I am in a ton of small Pueblos... aka towns... and we have bikes to ride from town to town of ten people, and there is like a total of 3 stores in all of them. He said we have so much work to do together! I also received my hammock today, so we will see how this goes!! Apparently the first week of riding the bike is torture because the bikes aren't comfortable and your legs just burn all day every day. But I am so excited and know where I am going is where I need to be! Tonight we are staying in Merida for a training tomorrow, and then tomorrow night we drive like 3 hours to our area! Next week will change my life completely and I will have so much more to say when next week rolls around, but know how much I love all of you! The church is true!
Elder Plowman
| LDS Merida Mexico Temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment