Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Called to Serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - August 2015-August 2017

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

ANDRES' BAPTISM & SPECIAL TRANSFERS - MARCH 13, 2017

Andres Baptism
Hello everyone! This week was super crazy. On Tuesday we had our zone conference and it went really well! I was feeling
really great during it and i always love giving zone conferences. On Tuesday we then decided to go to Nunkini. It is a pueblo that we visit and honestly I only went there one time in November of 2015 when I was in divisions starting the mission. We went there on Tuesday and we don't know anyone there, so we were just trusting in the Spirit. I was trying hard to remember the person that I visited there back in 2015 and let me tell you, the Spirit is awesome. Without needing a map or anything, we found the person we were looking for on the first try. Small experiences like that are things that I love in the mission. Anyway, at about 8:45pm on Tuesday night we got a phone call... SPECIAL TRANSFERS. So they told us that the whole zone had transfers basically and wow was it crazy haha. They told us that Elder Capulin was going to leave Calkini and that I was going to stay in Calkini as a a District Leader and a Trainer. They closed Calkini as a zone, which makes us now a district in the Campeche Zone. But since we are so far away from Campeche, we will only go there once a month for zone conference. So we will still have the district meetings each Tuesday here in Calkini. It was a super humbling experience honestly. It is funny because this is actually exactly what I wanted... the Lord just knows the right time to make it happen. I actually have a lot more responsibility because I have the whole old Calkini Zone as my district, and instead of having the help of another ZL and DL, I am the only District Leader to watch over everyone! I am also now with Elder Quintero, who has been in the mission 2 months. I am finishing his last month of training. He told me straight up that his first 2 companions in the mission didn't teach him anything. So I have been praying a lot about how to help him. He is from Morelos Mexico and is 18 years old, which makes me feel old almost being 21. 
Goodbye Elder Capulin

Van to Campeche

Hola to Elder Quintero

Elder Quintero


Training is super different and I am learning a ton. I literally have to tell him to do every thing and if i don't tell him to do something, he wont do it. For example, if I don't tell him to shower, he wont shower. If i don't tell him to clean his shoes, he wont do it. Actually, I had to teach him how haha. If i don't tell him to start studying, he wont do it. It is like teaching a little kid. But the cool thing about training is that the smallest things make him feel important. For example, I told him he has the responsibility of having the house keys always, and it made him so happy haha. But what I am learning is the importance of being 100% obedient with him. I literally wont let myself sleep even 1 more minute than i should, because he learns from me and I am molding a future leader. It has been super great experience. 

So on Friday we had to go to Campeche for a multi zone conference and it was super awesome to see the ocean again. On Saturday we had an activity the whole morning which was cleaning the outside of the church. They literally hadn't mowed the lawn for 1 year, and we had to do it with machetes and all that. We can't use machetes anymore but we helped out to clean it all. It was super fun honestly. 
Church Clean up

Elder Quintero and I cleaning up clippings from church

But the best part about this week was Andres´ baptism!! On Saturday he was baptized and his friend named Luis baptized him. Honestly to prepare for the baptism we had to clean the most disgusting baptismal font that I think hadn't been cleaned since 1 year ago when Gloria was baptized. But about 40 people came to the baptism and when Andres was sharing his testimony after, i started to cry. I realized how amazing it is to be an instrument in the Lords hands. I think I also realized how much i don't want this to end, and how in 4.5 months that I have left, it will all be over. Anyways, it was amazing to see him be baptized.
Andres Familia

Andres Baptism

On Sunday morning at about 8am we got a text message from the branch president that we were going to have to give a talk that morning in church. So i prayed about what I should talk about and the topic of Patience came to my mind. My companion only talked for 5 minutes so he left me with like 25 minutes, hahah so I honestly gave one of my favorite talks, and honestly its because of how much I learned while doing it. One of the coolest things in the mission is when I learn something in the moment of teaching it, which is also known as personal revelation! It was great.

Well we have a ton of work here in Calkini! We have 9 investigators with baptismal dates and this week Mayté and Johann are going to be baptized! I love this work so much. It is the best work EVER!
Centro de Merida

Elder Plowman 

And will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforterthat he may abide with you for ever;
 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
 18 will not leave you comfortlesswill come to you.
 19 Yet little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because live, ye shall live also.
 20 At that day ye shall know that am in my Father, and ye in me, and in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment