Well this week was really good! Elder Luna and I worked really hard. This week we had 50 lessons, the most we have ever had and it was crazy but our goal is to have 55 lessons one week together! This week we really focused our efforts on teaching everyone faith with works, to help them go to church every Sunday. Because honestly we really need to help them have faith to travel to the church. But this week more than ever my companion and I were focusing on teaching with the guidance of the spirit in every lesson, and making every lesson a miracle for those we taught, it was awesome the power we had to teach.
On January 6th was the Day of the Kings, the day supposedly in which the 3 kings arrived and gave gifts to Jesus after he was born. The first time I have ever celebrated that! Everyone cuts what is called a Rosca, which has little baby Jesus dolls in it and if your piece has it, you have to buy everyone tamales! In my first one I cut, I had a little doll in my bite in my mouth, so technically I have to buy the Enriquez family tamales, but we will see if that actually happens! Lol, it was super funny when I found it in my mouth and everyone freaked out. It was also the day my companion hit his 1 year mark in the mission, so we celebrated the day in our hearts as we worked hard!
This Friday we had a super fun Ward activity, to cut Rosca as a Ward. We played basketball with all the men and lets just say it was super funny and awkward to play in church clothes and also with a whole bunch of Mexicans, they thought I was so good at basketball cause I am a gringo but really I am not that good lol. They were funny, they only know how to play soccer down here.
This Sunday we had 125 people show up in sacrament meeting, when I arrived in the área my first Sunday, there were only 50 people, we have definitely seen a change in this Ward, and all the people there are people we teach and have taught.
Nayeli is awesome. She is gonna be baptized the 30th we hope! She and her husband Abraham have only been married 2 months, and her husband hadn't gone to church for 8 years. This week, we taught them the Plan of Salvation in the temple waiting room and wow the spirit was so strong. They also went to church and the activity. They are so awesome and we hope so bad her husband can become a Priest and baptize her!!
| Abraham and Nayeli |
Joana. Well there has been a lot of drama with this situation and our bishop. Because she doesn't live within our limits. She doesn't want to be baptized in her Ward because her parents are priests and have their own church and she is afraid to have people visit her house and have her parents yell and freak out. But her boyfriend also really really wants her in our Ward, but the thing is she can only be baptized in hers. We are trying really hard and praying so hard. Honestly, yesterday my companion and I cried so hard over it. We are trying so hard to save her soul. We have taught her every single thing possible, and she is so ready, just small details that are impeding. We hope it works out this Saturday. Please pray for her.
Sandra and Sara came back from vacation. Lets just say that I realized as a missionary you have to know how to answer every possible question about the church. They asked us a TON of question really specific LOL. The spirit truly guides us.
We have a ton of investigators but this week we might start dropping some who are not progressing.
On Saturday we didn't know where to go and prayed, and felt we needed to go to the house of a super super old couple. Turns out they were praying for us to come. They told us we were like angels who had fallen out of heaven and asked us both for a blessing, and I gave one my companion the other. The spirit is truly amazing.
On Tuesday it was 76 degrees, the most amazing day weather wise here in the mission. Everyone here literally had Winter coats, and wouldn't leave their house lol. Yesterday it was 97… so hot.
Funny story. My companion is learning English, and the other day he said I am the cream of the CRAP. I literally died so hard, I fell to the ground laughing from it. It is funny hearing Mexicans learn English lol.
BTW it is a good time to serve a mission in Mexico. The peso is 18 to 1 dollar. The most in history of ever! RICH!
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
This scripture really hit me this week. It was a great week and I am so happy here, but sometimes we forget the peace we can have in Him. I challenge all of you to search for His peace. He truly can bring the most amazing love. I know He lives, and He is my savior, and yours too.
Elder Plowman
No comments:
Post a Comment